Old 31-12-2004, 02:42 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Sodium Thiosulfate

Someone recommended a website for this product for $12 per 5 lbs. Does
anyone have the PHONE NUMBER of the place? I will not put my charge card
number anywhere on the net and did not see a phone number at the site.

Thanks! :-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa FREE SOFTWARE

Old 31-12-2004, 06:41 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Toll Free 1-877-347-4788 Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc. ~ jan

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:42:34 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

Someone recommended a website for this product for $12 per 5 lbs. Does
anyone have the PHONE NUMBER of the place? I will not put my charge card
number anywhere on the net and did not see a phone number at the site.

Thanks! :-)

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 31-12-2004, 04:40 PM
ajames54

5 pounds? in what form? pure that would probably dechlor a large lake!

Only works on Chlorine... will break the bonds of chloramine leaving
free ammonia.

With Chlorine it forms NaCl (salt), salt will cause ammonia to be
released from many of the binders used to hold it (like the Ammo-chips
sold for aquariums ... not zeolite what is that stuff really called?)

Anyway all this is to say...If present ammonia should be dealt with
and tested before and after use.

Old 31-12-2004, 09:41 PM
~ Windsong ~

wrote:

Someone recommended a website for this product for $12 per 5 lbs. Does
anyone have the PHONE NUMBER of the place? I will not put my charge card
number anywhere on the net and did not see a phone number at the site.

Thanks! :-)

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

===========================
Thanks Jan! :-)

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa

Old 31-12-2004, 09:47 PM
~ Windsong ~

"ajames54" wrote in message
oups.com...
5 pounds? in what form? pure that would probably dechlor a large lake!

## I have a lot of 150 GF pools and 2 ponds. Actually I would only need a
lb or so but 5 lbs would be ok. :-) It will probably last me the rest of
my life.

Only works on Chlorine... will break the bonds of chloramine leaving
free ammonia.

## We don't have chloramine in our water.

With Chlorine it forms NaCl (salt), salt will cause ammonia to be
released from many of the binders used to hold it (like the Ammo-chips
sold for aquariums ... not zeolite what is that stuff really called?)

## I'm cluless since I never used these products (Ammo-chips etc).

Anyway all this is to say...If present ammonia should be dealt with
and tested before and after use.

## There are no ammonia problems in any of my pools or ponds.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Over the hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill."

Old 01-01-2005, 12:59 AM

yes, pure. salt has to be nearly a brine before it knocks ammonia off of zeolite.
low levels of salt wont do that to any significant level. Ingrid

"ajames54" wrote:

5 pounds? in what form? pure that would probably dechlor a large lake!

Only works on Chlorine... will break the bonds of chloramine leaving
free ammonia.

With Chlorine it forms NaCl (salt), salt will cause ammonia to be
released from many of the binders used to hold it (like the Ammo-chips
sold for aquariums ... not zeolite what is that stuff really called?)

Anyway all this is to say...If present ammonia should be dealt with
and tested before and after use.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Benign Vanilla

"ajames54" wrote in message
oups.com...
5 pounds? in what form? pure that would probably dechlor a large lake!

Only works on Chlorine... will break the bonds of chloramine leaving
free ammonia.

With Chlorine it forms NaCl (salt), salt will cause ammonia to be
released from many of the binders used to hold it (like the Ammo-chips
sold for aquariums ... not zeolite what is that stuff really called?)

Anyway all this is to say...If present ammonia should be dealt with
and tested before and after use.

I had no idea it would break the bonds of Chloramine. I hope everyone reads
this post.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 02-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Crashj

On or about Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:42:34 -0600, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote something like:

Someone recommended a website for this product for $12 per 5 lbs. Does
anyone have the PHONE NUMBER of the place? I will not put my charge card
number anywhere on the net and did not see a phone number at the site.

Not to panic. Check with your card company. Several have system which
generates a one-time-use-only card number. Paypal is very secure since
no one ever really sees your data.
--
Crashj

Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 AM
RichToyBox

The use of Sodium Thiosulfate does break the bond on chloromine and ties up
the chlorine part so it works to remove chlorine. I use it all the time as
a dechlor. The amount of ammonia in the chloromined water is nearly
negligible in quantity once in the pond and if the filter is working
properly, it will be removed along with any other ammonia generated by the
fish post haste. Now if the quantity of water change is large, 50- 90% I
would use Amquel, which I also stock. I use Amquel when the fish spawn,
since I get a very high ammonia spike that lasts but a few days before the
filter takes care of it, but I don't want any damage in those few days. I
bought my Sodium Thiosulfate from AES also, but a 50 pound bucket. Maybe I
will need to buy another in 20 years or so. Use 500 grams per gallon of
water and it will treat about 20,000 gallons of pond water.
--
RichToyBox

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old 03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Bill Stock

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message
Someone recommended a website for this product for $12 per 5 lbs. Does
anyone have the PHONE NUMBER of the place? I will not put my charge card
number anywhere on the net and did not see a phone number at the site.

Thanks! :-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa FREE SOFTWARE
http://www.pricelessware.org
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone have a source for this stuff in Canada? I think Aquatic EcoSystems
has a $100 minimum order for us, not to mention the shipping/brokerage
hassle.

Old 03-01-2005, 05:25 AM
~ Windsong ~

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Use 500 grams per gallon of
water and it will treat about 20,000 gallons of pond water.

=================
How do I measure grams without a gram scale? Using a tsp. would not be
accurate because of the density/weight of different substances.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa
http://www.pricelessware.org
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org

Sodium Thiosulfate - good source Reel Mckoi Ponds 11 26-07-2005 06:50 AM
Sodium Thiosulfate ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 0 31-12-2004 02:42 AM
sodium thiosulfate Joan Ponds 8 01-08-2003 01:22 PM
Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate Bob Alston Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate Bob Alston Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-02-2003 01:16 AM