Old 09-08-2005, 04:41 AM
bbrown9506

Default What type od flower is this? Pictures

Please check out my blog and let me know if you can identify the type
of flower growing in my backyard. i am clueless, but it is absolutely
one of the coolest Flowers I ever saw!

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Old 09-08-2005, 04:45 AM
Charles

On 8 Aug 2005 20:41:57 -0700, "bbrown9506"
wrote:

Please check out my blog and let me know if you can identify the type
of flower growing in my backyard. i am clueless, but it is absolutely
one of the coolest Flowers I ever saw!

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Passion flower, but I am not going to guess which one. there are many
types
Old 09-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Reel Mckoi

"bbrown9506" wrote in message
oups.com...
Please check out my blog and let me know if you can identify the type
of flower growing in my backyard. i am clueless, but it is absolutely
one of the coolest Flowers I ever saw!

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

====================================
It looks like a Passion Flower. They used to grow wild out by my mailbox
but were accidentally sprayed with RoundUp. Yours is a much darker color
then mine were.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 09-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Charles

wrote:

Please check out my blog and let me know if you can identify the type
of flower growing in my backyard. i am clueless, but it is absolutely
one of the coolest Flowers I ever saw!

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

Thanks

compare with:\
http://krstofer.org/passiflora/incense.jpg
Old 09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Hal

wrote:

Please check out my blog and let me know if you can identify the type
of flower growing in my backyard. i am clueless, but it is absolutely
one of the coolest Flowers I ever saw!

http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/

There is a variety of passion flower that grows wild along the East
coast and the gulf fritillary lay eggs on it in Georgia. I raise them
in half barrels and train them to a trellis, but they seem to prefer
running wild through the lantana beds and across my walkways.

It is my most productive butterfly larvae plant. I usually have
loads of cats feasting away by this time, but they are late this year
and just beginning to lay eggs. I hope yours proves to be
interesting.

Regards,

Hal