Old 19-03-2003, 03:44 AM
REBEL JOE

Default Hello Group

Best advice is make it big or you will always want more.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 19-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Zeuspaul

jammer wrote:

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:51:15 GMT, Zeuspaul
wrote:

I'll take a few this weekend and load them up somewhere sometime next week. I would
rather wait until the ponds are more photogenic...but since you asked....

Zeuspaul

Well, i have a preformed, and am trying like heck to make it look as
natural as possible. I have creeping jenny growing from outside
hanging inside for a critter ramp, (in the middle) pond grass growing
on one side and ivy on the other. I considered rocks but didn't know
how anything would get out of the pond. I wanted to see what you did.
Thanks.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Six to twelve inch rocks are stacked on the ledges until they break water near the edge
of the pond. In the deeper parts of the pond I fill a five gallon black nursery pot with
smaller rocks for stability. Then I place a few larger rocks on top such that half of
the rock is above the water. If I have a large piece of bark available it is used as a
ramp between the rock and the edge of the pond. Frogs like to hide under the bark. Also
if the bark dips into the water the frogs use it to lay eggs on.

The lizards can leap short distances. They also can swim short distances. However they
can not climb out of the pond if it has a steep edge. Half submerged rocks near the edge
of the pond allow them to climb out of the water. Then they can leap to safety.

Zeuspaul

Virgin seed grower (hello group!) BoyPete United Kingdom 0 01-05-2006 10:07 PM
Virgin seed grower (hello group!) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) United Kingdom 1 01-05-2006 09:13 PM
Hello group from an old timer Voice of Reason alt.forestry 0 13-06-2003 12:08 AM
Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM