Old 15-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Cracklin'

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message

I am interested that you see us as overstocked. What guidelines are you
thinking about? If I have 10 koi in 4000 gallons, that is 400 gal per
fish.

========================
We have 15 koi in a well filtered 2000 gallon Pond and they're thriving.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 15-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Derek Broughton

Cracklin' wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message

I am interested that you see us as overstocked. What guidelines are you
thinking about? If I have 10 koi in 4000 gallons, that is 400 gal per
fish.

========================
We have 15 koi in a well filtered 2000 gallon Pond and they're thriving.

Doesn't seem too much to me. 15 koi in 2000 gallons shouldn't even be
pushing it.
--
derek
Old 15-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Cracklin'

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Cracklin' wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message

I am interested that you see us as overstocked. What guidelines are you
thinking about? If I have 10 koi in 4000 gallons, that is 400 gal per
fish.

========================
We have 15 koi in a well filtered 2000 gallon Pond and they're thriving.

Doesn't seem too much to me. 15 koi in 2000 gallons shouldn't even be
pushing it.
--
derek

=============================
I do partial water changes regularly and I'm sure the plantfilter-settling
tank with the small aeration tower also helps keep the water in excellent
condition. This pond, like the other pond and pools, is loaded with a
variety of thriving plants along 3 sides. The only additive is the Koi-Zyme
a few times over the spring and summer.

The plants get the Potassium and a few handfuls of kitty litter now and
then. Only the water lilies get the Job's Rose Spikes. This summer I only
added them in the spring to see how long they would last. Unlike the
expensive fertilizer Tabs made for pond plants, these Jobe's sticks still
have the lilies blooming like crazy and they're still a dark green. :-) I
love 'em!