Old 23-09-2005, 12:17 AM
~ jan jjspondus

Default Demo Pond Update

Some of you might recall, or have seen the Demon Pond on my website. The
pond has been up and running since 2000. Koi have been added, and some
without-consent goldfish. The pond is within a Demonstration Garden, open
free to the public. Volunteers who took the local Master Garden classes
maintain it. I use to do the filter and every other week take a turn at
feeding and trimming the lilies. Going back to work over 2 years ago made
me trim my time to filter maintenance only.

Even though there has been some vandalism to the garden, the pond has
lucked out except for having a few rocks tossed in. This summer though
someone managed to catch 3 koi and take a T.water lily. We know it wasn't a
bird, as it was just the 3 biggest, best looking koi, and what bird would
run off with a lily, pot an all? The lily wasn't even in the pond long
enough for my co-coordinator to see it there 2 days after I put it in!

Well I was ticked, I wrote a letter to the editor regarding the theft. And
though it didn't get our fish or flower back, the garden/pond picked up a
$150 donation from a caring individual.

Nice to know there are some caring, kind people out there amongst the
trolls.
~ jan
Old 23-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Snooze

"~ jan jjspondus" wrote in message
Some of you might recall, or have seen the Demon Pond on my website.

Got to watch out for that spell check The demon pond probably doesn't
have any fish i would want.

Jan I think you misunderstood my suggestion. You flooding the newsgroup in
an attempt to counteract the trolls doesn't really help. I was implying that
if someone were to grab legitimate rec.ponds posts from an archive, and
reinject them into usenet, so that they appear to have been posted by the
original poster it would be keep carol busy.

Over this weekend, I'll see if I can write a tool to grab old posts from
google and reinject them, that should keep carol busy for hours.Best part,
if it's automated i can let it run and forget about it.

-S

Old 23-09-2005, 01:55 AM
~ jan jjspond

Jan I think you misunderstood my suggestion. You flooding the newsgroup in
an attempt to counteract the trolls doesn't really help.

I figured if someone new came here, they'd at least see some legit pond
posts.

I was implying that
if someone were to grab legitimate rec.ponds posts from an archive, and
reinject them into usenet, so that they appear to have been posted by the
original poster it would be keep carol busy.

I tried that, but it was too much work. So you weren't interested in my
Demon pond story? ( At least it was original and current.

Keeping Carol busy wasn't my intent. She seems to have infinite hours to
spend at her computer.

Over this weekend, I'll see if I can write a tool to grab old posts from
google and reinject them, that should keep carol busy for hours.Best part,
if it's automated i can let it run and forget about it.

Good luck with that. ~ jan

Old 23-09-2005, 04:57 AM
Snooze

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message

I tried that, but it was too much work. So you weren't interested in my
Demon pond story? ( At least it was original and current.

I liked it, was just being pedantic. Actually if you have any spare demon
spawn, care to share some with me? A minion of demons is a prerequisite for
taking over the world.

-S

Old 23-09-2005, 05:06 AM
~ jan jjspond

I tried that, but it was too much work. So you weren't interested in my
Demon pond story? ( At least it was original and current. ~ jan

I liked it, was just being pedantic. Actually if you have any spare demon
spawn, care to share some with me? A minion of demons is a prerequisite for
taking over the world. -S

Oooooh, good one, demon spawn from the demon pond. If I did I send them
thru the wires to take out the trolls. ;o) ~ jan