Old 11-11-2005, 03:53 AM
Bill Stock

Default Turtles in an indoor pond

Anyone keeping turtles in their indoor pond?

Anything to watch out for? eg. Disease, escapes, sun bathing spot, fin
nipping?

TIA

Old 11-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Koi-lo

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Anyone keeping turtles in their indoor pond?

Anything to watch out for? eg. Disease, escapes, sun bathing spot, fin
nipping?

============================
I kept a few indoors when I lived up north. Make sure they have a place to
bask, warm up and dry off under a good strong light. They pass a lot of
smelly feces. There were no disease problems. They weren't kept with fish.
None ever escaped over the slick plastic sides of their indoor "pond."
--
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy

Old 11-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Snooze

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Anyone keeping turtles in their indoor pond?

Anything to watch out for? eg. Disease, escapes, sun bathing spot, fin
nipping?

TIA

Many reptiles, including turtles, are carriers of salmonella. Appropriate
caution should be taken when handling them. Keep them away from the kitchen,
away from young children and use all the safety precautions you'd use with
raw chicken.

Ask in rec.pets.herp, they'd have more information on what to do, also try
and include what kind of turtle.

-S

Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Rick Dowling

I keep about 6 mud and musks outside in a black rubbermaid type container
that holds ~240 gallons. I'm in central AL so I just leave them in it all
year long. In the summer the algae gets pretty bad. I put lots of live
fish in there as well as chopped up small fish and worms plus pellet food.
I should clean it out more than I do but they seem to be doing well in
there.

"Snooze" wrote in message
t...