Old 05-12-2005, 03:30 AM posted to rec.ponds
IndigoGreen

Default Rec.Ponds

I was going to ask a question about an indoor pond. But after reading a
few posts, this group is a joke.

Are there other pond groups availible?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Yea, try the web based forums..they don;t tolerate crap like carol
starts..you'll never find her and her cronies on them either as her
real knowledge would be foound out imediately, and she could not
proclaim to be the pond and fish queen.....
Koiphen.com
is just one of a bunch of great forums

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 06-12-2005, 02:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek

Gary Woods wrote:

Sturgeon's law, y'know!

LOL. I really hope that doesn't go over everybody's head but _I'm_ not
explaining!
--
derek
Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
kc

Actually, if it looks like the loonies are running the place, it's just
because it's winter and there's not a lot going on with our pond right now!
Come spring I think you'll see a lot more postings from the "regulars"
Kirsten
"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Disciple wrote:

However the group is still viable and
for those willing to sift through the rubbish there is a great deal of
info
and help to be found

Agreed; still a good place to hang about, even if the loonies are a bit
more numerous. Sturgeon's law, y'know!

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Old 09-12-2005, 06:23 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Actually, if it looks like the loonies are running the place, it's just
because it's winter and there's not a lot going on with our pond right now!
Come spring I think you'll see a lot more postings from the "regulars"
Kirsten

Yup, I agree. Currently my screens are frozen to the ground along with the
rocks that hold it down. I'm so glad I planned ahead this year an installed
the stock tank heater when I put the screens on with the plug out to the
very edge. Otherwise I would have had a devil of a time with the screens
frozen all the way around. We haven't been above freezing for 2-3 days now,
and with ponds in the shade, no heat gain at all. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Old 09-12-2005, 10:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Aråchñe

kc wrote:
Actually, if it looks like the loonies are running the place, it's just
because it's winter and there's not a lot going on with our pond right now!
Come spring I think you'll see a lot more postings from the "regulars"
Kirsten

regulars maybe.. any newbies.. don't think so.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Our winter has just come for real. Temps got down to 26...briefly. It is
amazing how clear the pond gets when the plant life slows up. Totally clear
instead of tea or muck haze.

I concur that things will pick up in spring. The various blocking methods
for the ng seem to be working fairly well. I kill a few multiple-site posts
every day or two that get through the filters. No big problem. It seems
fairly quickly to get rid of the regular cross posters.

Jim

Old 13-12-2005, 02:12 AM posted to rec.ponds

winter caught me in flagrante. I still dont have the plastic over the top and even
with my 500 watt heater the pond skimmed over briefly. my $500 air pump quit (it is
6-8 years old) but school is nearly over and I WILL get the really clear plastic on
there, get a couple airstones in, get the bucket filter rigged up and get a
greenhouse over that... altho I will have to wade thru the snow to do it.
argggghhhh. poor fishies are cold, cold, cold. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE