Old 18-12-2005, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
K-1 Fighter

Default Good prices on filter media.

I was wondering if anyone knows of some places on the net where i could
get good prices on pond filtration media? I am looking for the dense and
medium density types that I can cut to shape to place in my filter.

Thank you
and Merry X-mas!
;-)

Old 24-12-2005, 12:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

I use floor scrubber pads. Cheap and almost indestructible. You can
get them most anywhere, however I have found on-line to offer the best
prices. I use the black ones near the bottom of my filter and the white
ones on top. Check out page 6 on my site. They have worked very well
for a couple of years.
W. Dale

Old 24-12-2005, 06:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Depends how big the filter is. I have three 55 gal drums. Scrubbers are
out of sight for cost. We use a milk crate at the bottom (water swirls
around it on entrance and big stuff drops. Then we have strapping tape in
mesh bags.and some screening on the top. The drums used to be our primary
filters. Now we have the berm ponds with plants (veggy filters) and the
barrels are largely redundant. Screen is really easy to clean. Might not
work well for a small filter. We hate changing stuff so we drain the berm
ponds and barrels annually. They both have lots of crud, but have 2" bottom
drains.

If you could do a veggy filter instead of a mechanical one, you could let
plant roots be your major-junk-catchers.

Old 24-12-2005, 08:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
PoconoRobin

W. What is the URL of your site?
--
Robin
The Poconos, PA

.. .

K-1 Fighter wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows of some places on the net where i could
get good prices on pond filtration media? I am looking for the dense and
medium density types that I can cut to shape to place in my filter.

Thank you and Merry X-mas!
;-)

carbon filter media + planted tanks Phil Williamson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Power filter media cleaning question RifRaf Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
Pond Filter Media Bob Ponds 1 28-03-2003 07:56 PM
bio filter media lee Ponds 2 03-03-2003 09:07 PM
carbon filter media + planted tanks Phil Williamson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 01-03-2003 03:06 AM