Old 22-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Robyn Rhudy

Default Wood frog returns!

Finally, after a 2 year wait, a male wood frog is quaking in my pond at
this very moment! At least one made it through last years drought to come
back. Perhaps he was born in 2000 or 2001 when they bred there. I
haven't seen my green frogs out and about. Afraid the worst winter ever
may have killed them. At least I have a hundred or more of their tadpoles
in my ponds so I won't be without the sweet froggies for long! I can't
wait for the toadies to come! I just shone a light on the wood frog and
that's what he is alright!

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_
/ \----------/ \
\ | | | | /
ww ooo ooo ww

Old 22-03-2003, 05:08 PM
bern muller

Robyn Rhudy wrote in message

Finally, after a 2 year wait, a male wood frog is quaking in my pond at
this very moment!

Am I ever jealous! My pond is still frozen over. I don't expect frog calls
for 3 or 4 weeks.
We (southern Michigan) didn't have wood frogs last year either, but had a
bumper crop of greens.

Old 22-03-2003, 09:44 PM

In , on
03/21/03
at 08:24 PM, Robyn Rhudy said:

Finally, after a 2 year wait, a male wood frog is quaking in my pond at
this very moment! At least one made it through last years drought to
come back. Perhaps he was born in 2000 or 2001 when they bred there. I
haven't seen my green frogs out and about. Afraid the worst winter ever
may have killed them. At least I have a hundred or more of their
tadpoles in my ponds so I won't be without the sweet froggies for long!
I can't wait for the toadies to come! I just shone a light on the wood
frog and that's what he is alright!

Me want toads, but wood frogs would be cool, too.

Alan

**** Please use address to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564