Old 22-03-2003, 06:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Discounted Helen Nash Books

Hey group...I just bought two of Helen Nash's books from
Amazon...Waterfalls, Fountains, Pools & Streams: Designing & Building Water
Features for Your Garden and Plants For Water Gardens: The Complete Guide To
Aquatic Plants. Amazon has this thing where when you buy something they
allow you to offer it a friend at a discount. Instead of mailing the
discount to anyone, I mailed it to myself, and then copied the links. This
way I am not sharing anyone's email address, but I can still get the deal. I
thought I would post the links here in case anyone wants to get these books.
If you do it through these links you can get a 10% discount. I assume there
is something in it for me from Amazon, but to be honest, I have no idea, as
I have never done this before.

Anyway here is the link...you must take advantage of this by March 30 to get
the discount...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/st...226213-0227305

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 22-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Hal

It is a good idea to quote a bit of the message asking for such
information, otherwise we might mistake your message for spam.

Regards,

Hal

Old 24-03-2003, 02:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"Hal" wrote in message
It is a good idea to quote a bit of the message asking for such
information, otherwise we might mistake your message for spam.

Regards,

my post and included link snipped

My apologies to the group, if my post seemed like SPAM. I had not intention
of spamming the group. To answer Hal's point...nobody requested the
information. I ordered the books this weekend, and up popped this screen
asking for email addresses of friends. By providing their email addresses,
those friends could get the same books, 10% off. I just thought I would
share the potential savings with y'all. This NG is typically a bit more
tight nit then other groups, so when I posted, it never even occurred to me
that it would be mis-construed as SPAM. I think my posting history shows, I
am not a spammer.

As I mentioned in the post, I am not aware, nor have I researched what, if
any benefit I would receive from someone ordering the books via that link. I
just want to be sure I am clear that I posted the link with ALL good
intentions of sharing the savings, and not for personal gain.

BV.

Old 24-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Nedra

BV, I never once thought you were spamming! I think everyone
on the NG knows who you are and that you were just doing
a "good work" ...

Nedra in Missouri

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

Old 24-03-2003, 04:08 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Hal" wrote in message

[...]

the only thing I had that bothered me was I had Just purchased all of
Helens books, then three weeks later
here comes a link to a discount offer talk about bad timming
I would have been Higlyu apreciative three weeks earler ;-)

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 24-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Hal" wrote in message

[...]

I have often suggested people purchase Helen Nash's books.
If someone can get a discounted price I would let them know
about the offer. I see nothing wrong with what you did, you
were not selling the books you were just passing along a
good deal. I can't see were that would be considered spam.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 24-03-2003, 06:08 PM
K30a

I'll always recommend the Low Maintenance
pond book Helen Nash wrote.
But not as often as I'd like as I aways have
to cut and paste the word 'Maintenance' into
a document to spell check it. It is one of those
words my mind refuses to wrap itself around...
;-)

k30a
Old 24-03-2003, 09:32 PM
~ jan

No apology necessary to me, but then I know who you are and read far enough
to figure it out that you were only selling how to save someone buck or
two. I do this all the time on my personal local e-mail list (JJ's Ponding
Tidbits) no one has complained of me spamming them yet. ;o) ~ jan

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:08:13 -0500, "BenignVanilla" wrote:

"Hal" wrote in message
[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 25-03-2003, 01:44 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

I just bought her book "The Pond Doctor - Helen Nash".

I hope it's a useful book !

Sacha