Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Thunderbird84

Default Leaves...

Today it was finally warm enough for me to start getting my pond up and
running. I drained around 200 (of around 600) gallons from it and cleaned
out the leaves. I the water hoping that when I replaced the water, it would
dilute the tannins in my water.
It changed the color of my water from a dark, dark, dark tea color to a
not so dark, dark, dark tea color. My question is, would I be better off
draining the whole pond and putting new water in, or is there a way to use
carbon to do it; and how much would I need?
Also, I'm looking for a new out of pond filter. I've made my own, but
this season I don't want to deal with it anymore. I'm looking for one rated
for 1000 gallons. Can anyone give me some websites or brandnames to look
at?
Thanks,
Bob

--

Take ME away to reply

Check out my personal page at:
http://members.tripod.com/Trains99
Click on the My Pond button on the left to see my pond.