Old 31-03-2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareeeİ

Default Pond snails

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:32:19 +0100, DavidM
wrote:

Is this the first real pond post in days? I filter out all posts that
_don't_ have the word "pond" in their subject. How many am I missing?

Hey, open up your filter and join in. You've been missing a LOT of
good pond posting. The background noise is at a very low rumble right
now. Barely audible.

Off thread topic.. is there a way to filter out crossposts in outlook
express?

--
Gareeeİ
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 31-03-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

wrote:

Is this the first real pond post in days? I filter out all posts that
_don't_ have the word "pond" in their subject. How many am I missing?

Hey, open up your filter and join in. You've been missing a LOT of
good pond posting. The background noise is at a very low rumble right
now. Barely audible.

Off thread topic.. is there a way to filter out crossposts in outlook
express?

=====================
Have you tried Message/Ignore Conversation? Also do a Message/Block Sender
on anyone you see posting or starting a new off-topic thread from another
NG. That should get rid of most of them.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 01-04-2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gareeeİ

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

Also do a Message/Block Sender on anyone you see posting or starting a new
off-topic thread from another NG. That should get rid of most of them.

Except they change their nick every 2 days.. I looked when I was here last
time, and I had almost 200 filters created trying to filter them out.

--
Gareeeİ
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 31-03-2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

DavidM wrote:

CanadianCowboyİ wrote:
I am hearing good things about having snails in your pond.
What do you experts think ?
I am afraid that these things multiply like crazy and don't want them
getting into my vegetable garden or plants lining the pond.

Is this the first real pond post in days? I filter out all posts that
_don't_ have the word "pond" in their subject. How many am I missing?

Most. The group's doing quite well, actually. I have 337 valid posts over
10 days. I guarantee there are a good number of others that got
unfortunately blocked by my fairly simple filters.

I filter all cross-posts, anything from anonymous remailers, a few IPs, and
just a few specific posters (and I really think I could drop those rules -
the others take care of it) and I haven't seen a single non-pond post in
days. I refuse to put "pond" in the subject - besides the fact that it's
just as easy for the troublemakers to do it, you block out all the new
posters who come looking for help but don't know your rules.
--
derek
Old 31-03-2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
DavidM

Derek Broughton wrote:
Is this the first real pond post in days? I filter out all posts that
_don't_ have the word "pond" in their subject. How many am I missing?

Most. The group's doing quite well, actually. I have 337 valid posts over
10 days. I guarantee there are a good number of others that got
unfortunately blocked by my fairly simple filters.

I filter all cross-posts, anything from anonymous remailers, a few IPs, and
just a few specific posters (and I really think I could drop those rules -
the others take care of it) and I haven't seen a single non-pond post in
days. I refuse to put "pond" in the subject - besides the fact that it's
just as easy for the troublemakers to do it, you block out all the new
posters who come looking for help but don't know your rules.

I'll try dropping the "pond" filter and see what turns up.

Spring has just about arrived in the UK, so I need to start paying the
pond a bit more attention. The skippy-style filter I installed last May
seems to be doing very well (fingers crossed).
David

Old 01-04-2006, 07:43 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Is this the first real pond post in days? I filter out all posts that
_don't_ have the word "pond" in their subject. How many am I missing?
David

We dropped the "pond" word request as lately, knock on wood, what with it
being April 1st in little over an hour, we haven't had any senseless
flooding of the group. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a