Old 31-03-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.ponds
colin s

Default Frog spawn

Hi
I have found a large clump of frog spawn in my pond my question is will
this cause any harm to my fish as I probably have not got rid of it all
(taken to local pond)will the fish eat it and will it cause problems in the
filter.
Thanks
Colin..

Old 31-03-2006, 11:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"colin s" wrote in message
k...
Hi
I have found a large clump of frog spawn in my pond my question is will
this cause any harm to my fish as I probably have not got rid of it all
(taken to local pond)will the fish eat it and will it cause problems in
the filter.

========================
Frog spawn wont hurt them. The tadpoles will clean up a lot of the algae on
your liner, rocks and plants.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

I have found a large clump of frog spawn in my pond my question is will
this cause any harm to my fish as I probably have not got rid of it all
(taken to local pond)will the fish eat it and will it cause problems in the
filter.
Thanks
Colin..

Assuming it is frog spawn, your fish will most likely eat them. Now if it
is toad spawn, this could be a problem. Toad poles have a nasty taste, so
fish won't eat them, so if you had enough of them, they could overwhelm the
water system, and the toxic water could hurt or kill the fish. ~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
We have frog spawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 18 23-03-2003 07:44 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog spawn Instep Walking Holidays United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 05:08 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM