Old 03-04-2006, 01:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

Default Welcome To Rec Ponds FAQs

Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs may
be of interest to readers of this group.

We have an extensive FAQ, located at http://faq.thekrib.com. The
beginner's section is http://faq.thekrib.com/begin.html and
http://faq.thekrib.com/begin-cycling.html explains why new tanks are
hard to start. There is a lot of valuable information there on
everything from starting your first fishtank to fish selection to
growing live plants. Please have a look at the FAQ to see if your
questions are answered there before you post.

There are also a number of very valuable internet resources on fish
and
aquaria. Here are some of the very best, and you will often see them
mentioned.

Our own Netmax's site with great general information
http://www.netmax.tk
The Skeptical Aquarist with general information
http://www.skepticalaquarist.com
Richard Sexton's site, with articles and a great photo collection
http://aquaria.net
Monga Bay with biotope and species information http://www.mongabay.com
Fishbase - very accurate species information http://www.fishbase.org
The Krib, host of many years of carefully selected rec.aquaria
archives
http://www.thekrib.com
FINS - Fish Information Service http://fins.actwin.com/fish/
Planet Catfish http://www.planetcatfish.com
Cichlids.com http://www.cichlids.com
Greater Chicago Cichlids Association http://www.gcca.net
Betta Talk http://www.bettatalk.com
Apple Snail.net http://www.applesnail.net
Loaches.com http://www.loaches.com
Home of the Rainbowfish http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/
International Killifish Association http://killi.net
Thomas Barr's aquatic plant site http://www.barrreport.com (requires
free registration)
Tropica Aquarium Plants http://www.tropica.dk
Chuck's Planted Aquarium Pages with the fertilizer calculator
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/

General usenet info:
A list of fishy and usenet abbreviations is at
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/acronym.php
Newsreader killfile and troll info can be found at
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/
-- Mister Gardener
Old 03-04-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs may
be of interest to readers of this group.

===============
I think you posted the Aquarium FAQ information.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 03-04-2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:53:20 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
.. .
Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs may
be of interest to readers of this group.

===============
I think you posted the Aquarium FAQ information.

I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people. If anyone has the
RP FAQ, they are more than welcome to post it.

-- Mister Gardener
Old 03-04-2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

wrote:

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
. ..
Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs may
be of interest to readers of this group.

===============
I think you posted the Aquarium FAQ information.

I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people. If anyone has the
RP FAQ, they are more than welcome to post it.

Justin's version, the latest I know of, is at:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html
--
derek
Old 03-04-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.atheism,alt.aquaria,alt.free.newsservers

Mister Gardener wrote:

I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people. If anyone has the
RP FAQ, they are more than welcome to post it.

-- Mister Gardener

hence you have offended the grandmistress Koi-lo, who is the self
proclaim moderator of the group. a pox on you for not consulting her
nor her sockpuppet generals

This group is a aquarium for atheists only. next time ask!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

wrote:

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message

Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs may
be of interest to readers of this group.

===============
I think you posted the Aquarium FAQ information.

I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people. If anyone has the
RP FAQ, they are more than welcome to post it.

Justin's version, the latest I know of, is at:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html

OK...just to clear this up as far as I understand it. Mr Gardener
accidentally posted the aquaria faqs as pond faqs - the aquaria faqs
have been posted here before (I lurk) and can be of interest as both
ponds and aquaria do have a lap over....

As far as I'm aware there is a plan to post pond faqs (Justin's updated
maybe) to rec.ponds - it would also be good to post these on the aquaria
groups for the same reason - ie. the lap over in interest...I seem to
remember seeing a thread between Jan and Snooze discussing just this
yesterday.

Koi-Lo was quite right to point out that the faqs were the aquaria ones
to enable this to be corrected and not to confuse any new posters who
suddenly come across faqs that relate to aquaria rather than ponds on a
pond newsgroup. The correct faqs should be posted to every group under
the correct subject...JMO...

Now I'm going back to lurking......

Gill
Old 03-04-2006, 07:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

wrote:

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
Welcome to rec.ponds. The information in the aquaria groups FAQs
may be of interest to readers of this group.
===============
I think you posted the Aquarium FAQ information.

I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at
hand, and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people. If anyone
has the RP FAQ, they are more than welcome to post it.

Justin's version, the latest I know of, is at:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html

Thanks for that.
No prob. with racoons in London though
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 03-04-2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Gill Passman" wrote in message

OK...just to clear this up as far as I understand it. Mr Gardener
accidentally posted the aquaria faqs as pond faqs - the aquaria faqs have
been posted here before (I lurk) and can be of interest as both ponds and
aquaria do have a lap over....

That's true. Many people with ponds also keep aquariums of one type or
another.

Koi-Lo was quite right to point out that the faqs were the aquaria ones to
enable this to be corrected and not to confuse any new posters who
suddenly come across faqs that relate to aquaria rather than ponds on a
pond newsgroup. The correct faqs should be posted to every group under the
correct subject...JMO...

Now I'm going back to lurking......

It has it's advantages. :-)

--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
rec.pond's FAQ: (thanks to Derek)

Old 03-04-2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:51:27 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

Justin's version, the latest I know of, is at:

http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html

Thanks Derek - now I'll know where to look if I get invited to be
FAQ Poster of the Month again.

-- Mister Gardener
Old 03-04-2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:18:01 +0100, Gill Passman
wrote:

wrote:

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Gee, I didn't know this would turn out to be such a big deal. I posted
in the message that they were the aquaria FAQs and they might be of
interest to pond folks. Well, I guess it gets people posting on topic,
uninteresting as the topic is.

-- Mister Gardener

Old 03-04-2006, 11:07 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

============
I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people.

============
Sorry, I didn't know that. ;-)
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
rec.pond's FAQ are at: http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html
Aquarium FAQ are at: http://faq.thekrib.com/
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn

Koi-Lo wrote:
.
I think that is a good observation. It was the only FAQ I had at hand,
and I was asked to post it by some of the RP people.

Sorry, I didn't know that. ;-)
--

Duh.. typical. rember how Carol used an article from the Onion to bash
JW's. Keep that in mind when she claims expertise in anything she