Old 13-04-2006, 07:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
netDenizen

Default best time to run pumps?

Snooze wrote:
"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

You disappoint me with your constant badgering of her and she HAS PROVEN
herself - especially elsewhere.

Daniel, when has she ever proven her self? As far as I can tell, koi-lo, in
her rush to respond to every pond [and aquaria - ND] related post...

I guess KL's prolific posts do provide some on-topic material for the
pond/aquaria groups, and I appreciate her advice about kiddie pool
ponds. KL's activities elsewhere under other identities do seem to
adversely impinge upon the pond/ aquaria world however, as former poster
Elaine warned. Sometimes KL even seems to enter the pond/ aquaria world
under her other identities. It's hard to say whether KL has overall
"proven herself" on Usenet in a positive way.

Old 13-04-2006, 07:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Snooze wrote:

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

You disappoint me with your constant badgering of her and she HAS PROVEN
herself - especially elsewhere.

Daniel, when has she ever proven her self?

Whereupon, you proceed to prove his point:

OP: We would like to cut back on the electric bill. we are thinking we
could maybe run the waterfall
pumps only a few hours rather than 24/7. What do you think? What time of
day would be more beneficial during to have on and running daylight or
over night?

koi-lo: "As long as you leave something running to keep the water
oxygenated the fish should be ok."

That's _all_ the answer that's needed.

koi-lo: "Also your filter needs fresh incoming water 24/7."
What filter? The OP never said anything about having a biofilter.

So you start by complaining that she isn't answering the question, now
you're upset that she's being too thorough.

koi-lo: "But then how many fish are in your pond?"
OP forgot to include this information, but really it's not the right
question to ask. It is better to ask if they've tested their water. What
is she going to do with the answer? Say oh you need to run it 24/7 because
you have N+1 fish, if you had N-1 fish, you could run it 12 of the 24 hrs
a day?

Yes, you certainly could, for any value of N = 3. I'd far rather hear how
large the pond is and how many fish are in it, than that they've tested the
water. Most times the answer to that is "the water tested OK" - I don't
have a clue how reliable your test kit or testing methods are, but I can
get a pretty good clue if we're talking about an over- or understocked
pond.

koi-lo: "If there are a large number you may need to leave both the filter
and falls running."
No they don't. The original poster said nothing about a bio-filter, only a

And if they don't have a filter, and do have a heavily stocked pond, they
either need to get one or leave the falls running.

Her advice may not be the same as you would give - and often isn't the same
as I would give - but it's as valid as any I've seen here.
--
derek
Old 14-04-2006, 01:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Its amazing what a person will say when a female rubs a little on him
like Carol evidently done to Derek the cry baby.

yea right...And if I recall, last year or so you said pressure treated
wood was in deed 100% safe to use with any fish pond.......but this
year its a different story.Make up yur freaking mind cry baby

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:44:14 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:
Snooze wrote:

[...]

\\\|///
( @ @ )
-----------oOOo(_)oOOo---------------

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 14-04-2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

I'll drink to that!
Go away Carol.......go away................

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:02:39 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:
"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
You BADGER me constantly. If you feel my replies to people are
inadequate, then simply add your own opinions to the thread. Your
constant harassment shows nothing more than your wish to drive me from
this NG which I assure you will not happen. It never occurs to you that
your understanding of the OP's post or questions may have been different
than mine.

If I upset you so much you need to use your killfile rather than allow
yourself to get to the point you must post something hateful, judgmental,
insulting and downright nasty.

I respond with clear and insightful comments that justify my position...you
on the other hand?
Would like to explain to the class how you interpreted the original posters
5 questions in the context of their background information and how your
reply was even related to the questions?

If only killfiling you would solve the problem. You brought the kooks here
by ****ing off people in ARJW not me. The JW don't bother me, I don't bother
them.

And yes, I do wish you'd leave this newsgroup, because then the kooks and
trolls would go away as well.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 14-04-2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Go ahead Daniel, say it, get it off your chest........let it all hang
out.....it will do you more good than holding it all in.. ha ha ha

What you really meant to say was :

God dam it you son of a bitch Roy......you need to lay off that lady
Koi-Lo. She is a major asset to ponds and aquarium types so there is
no need to harrass her like yuo and a few others do. We voted and you
along wqirth a few others are on the hit list.......All your freaking
free time could be better spent on doing things for the needy like
Carol does........you really need a life..........just like Carol and
Derek has...so get s,mart and wise up or we will have to kill file
you.........Since you are such a big dissapointment to me and my
fellow ponders, I have no other choice but to bash your sorry ass. Koi
lo rocks in more ways than one........she can go all night and thats
no joke!
Well Danny boy, when you pay my ISP fee you can have a say so in what
I do with my free time and how I spend it on the internet. Until then,
its none of your freaking business now is it?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:29:56 -0700, "Daniel Morrow"
wrote:
Bottom posted.
"Roy" wrote in message
.. .

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

I vote you lay off of koi-lo, snooze. You cause trouble like the
others
and
koi-lo has proven herself - she is very welcome here and I freely
voice my
opinion on this newsgroup since it doesn't hurt as the trouble
makers have
temporarily destroyed (although it is getting better I think (knock
on
wood....) it. You won't fool me like the others here who temporarily
turned

SNIP snip snipity snip

Some folks are so easy to convince and lead..I beyt they come with a
built in ring in their nose, so carol can simply tie her rope in the
ring and lead them around by their nose......Carol knows about as much
as a rock does.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....

Dang it roy! You have helped me out tremendously yourself too roy (thanks
for pointing me to the float switches website - I now have my total of 3
tanks with automated water top offs with backup float switches (let's just
hope the relays themselves never stick!) but you shouldn't tailgate K*i-l*!
You disappoint me with your constant badgering of her and she HAS PROVEN
herself - especially elsewhere. I am so sad to learn you are on the
troublemaker's side of things - you have sooooo much potential roy, please
don't waste it? Lay off of K*i-l*, ok? Or do you just have too much time on
your hands? I am not going to listen to you say that she net stalks you or
any of that crap as I can vouch for her character and I refuse to be force
fed that net stalker (or whatever) crap - so lay off ok? Good luck ponders
and later!

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....