Old 24-04-2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Hi all, newbie here with a few questions

yes they do, and I have some that gets less than that and still manage
to put out a few blooms over the summer........

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:59:50 -0400, Hal wrote:
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:16:41 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

forgot to add, the pond will be in partial shade..

=============================
That would be ok unless you want BLOOMING water lilies as they like all day
sun.

I've read that some bloom with only 5 hours of sun.

Regards,

Hal

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 24-04-2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
G Pearce

My red one ( don't remember the name) is not quite as proliferous as the
yellow one , but does bloom, just not quite as many and it is supposed to be
"blood" red, but it is a bit paler than that and I figured it was because of
the ~ 6 hrs of direct sun
Gale :~)

That would be ok unless you want BLOOMING water lilies as they like all
day
sun.

I've read that some bloom with only 5 hours of sun.

====================
I have a yellow one that will bloom with that little sun but my whites,
pinks and reds will not.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 24-04-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"G Pearce" wrote in message
My red one ( don't remember the name) is not quite as proliferous as the
yellow one , but does bloom, just not quite as many and it is supposed to
be "blood" red, but it is a bit paler than that and I figured it was
because of the ~ 6 hrs of direct sun

===================
You may have a different variety of red. The ones behind my house got only
5 to 6 hours of sun as the summer progressed and the sun came overhead. I
rarely saw a bloom on them. Perhaps I should have said "they very rarely
bloom" than give the impression they don't have even one flower all season.
My pinks did not bloom at all back there. Last summer my husband cut down a
lot of the trees that were causing the shade so perhaps this year I'll get
more blooms. :-)

I wish I knew someone who wanted water lilies as I'm over run with whites
and yellows. They're getting to be like zucchini's - you can't give them
away! :-)

--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 24-04-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Can I come visit and get a few lilys carol?

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa