Old 22-04-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
ranchu

Default Lilies for postage

Ok Folks,

I have about 30 or 40 cuttings of various lilies. Most are probably
light yellow. They had been growing for about two years now without
dividing, because of my recovery from surgery, so this year they have
been finally divided and I will sell them for postage like I have in
the past. This year I will send one to three lilies via U.S. Priority
Mail for $5.75. This is to cover the new increase in price of the
Priority mail service and the boxes and mailing materials, bags and
peanuts, and tape. If you want more than three divisions I will weigh
and tell you the price before you send the shipping and postage.

Fot quickest respnse send money via PayPal; My PayPal email is:
. If checks are used, they will have to
clear before I will send the lilies.

In addition, I will make shipments only on Mondays, that way you will
receive the plants during the week before the weekend.

The way that I plant my lilies are as follows. I use the plastic
square lily baskets (9incheX9Inch square planters), with a layer of
soil/clay on the bottom about an inch deep, a fertilizer tab placed in
the center of the soi/clay. I then put another layer of soil/clay
about 1 to 1 1/2 inches deep, I then position the root and cover the
root with more soil/clay until just the leaves are showing and then I
put a layer of pea gravel to prevent the my Goldfish from rooting
around in the mud making a mess of the ponds.

For those who will probably ask, I have tried planting my root sections
in just gravel alone (which was the big thing on the list a couple of
three years ago and a lot of people were sussessful with this
procedure) and I don't know what the problem was, but the growth that
year was a bust. Hardly any blooms and hardly any growth. In fact, I
lost one my biggest and best lilies that year in using this procedure,
and I just recently received a new cutting from a ponding friend this
year to replace it and it is doing great in my soil/clay mixture. The
only thing that I can think of is that my filter system is too
efficient, so there are not enough nutrients in the water for the
lilies to live and thrive, but in any case I have went back to using
soil/clay in my pots and the lilies do great.

I have had he lilies floating and harding off for about week now and
they are ready for shipment.

Please send request to my email addy:
and
not to the rec.ponds or rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon. If not I will
be throwing what I have away.

Tom L.L.

Old 22-04-2006, 11:20 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Gareee©

"ranchu" wrote in message
ups.com...

the past. This year I will send one to three lilies via U.S. Priority
Mail for $5.75. This is to cover the new increase in price of the
Priority mail service and the boxes and mailing materials, bags and
peanuts, and tape. If you want more than three divisions I will weigh
and tell you the price before you send the shipping and postage.

VERY kind of you! If I didn't already have a bunch of them, I'd take you up
on the offer!

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 23-04-2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Koi-Lo

"Gareee©" wrote in message

VERY kind of you! If I didn't already have a bunch of them, I'd take you
up on the offer!

===============
Yes it was kind of him. I don't ship but anyone in the Nashville area can
come and get free water lilies, parrots feather and all the Pickerel Weed
they can fit in their car. I also have 7 beautiful young adult koi I must
find homes for. Four are butterflies. All the Shubunkins have been sold.
I wont have more until the fall.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 23-04-2006, 02:34 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Hi Tom,

I got some from you the last time. They are doing well.

None of them were pink or red. Have you any in those colors? If you can
spare a half dozen, let me know the postage and I will cheerfully send a
check.

I planted the lilies in stone. They did well. A couple were pulled out by
the koi and began to grow under the milk crates. They have mushroomed in
comparison to the others. They are bare root on the bottom!

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net
ups.com...

Old 23-04-2006, 03:57 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Gareee©

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message

VERY kind of you! If I didn't already have a bunch of them, I'd take you
up on the offer!

===============
Yes it was kind of him. I don't ship but anyone in the Nashville area can
come and get free water lilies, parrots feather and all the Pickerel Weed
they can fit in their car. I also have 7 beautiful young adult koi I must
find homes for. Four are butterflies. All the Shubunkins have been sold.
I wont have more until the fall.

I could give some of the koi, pickeral weed, and parrot's feather a new
home, but I'm way over in NC.

Can't win em all..

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 23-04-2006, 05:25 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Koi-Lo

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message

VERY kind of you! If I didn't already have a bunch of them, I'd take you
up on the offer!

===============
Yes it was kind of him. I don't ship but anyone in the Nashville area
can come and get free water lilies, parrots feather and all the Pickerel
Weed they can fit in their car. I also have 7 beautiful young adult koi
I must find homes for. Four are butterflies. All the Shubunkins have
been sold. I wont have more until the fall.

I could give some of the koi, pickeral weed, and parrot's feather a new
home, but I'm way over in NC.

Can't win em all..

==================
Bring a change of clothes, the wife and some large totes. Plan to spend the
night and there you go! The coffee pot is always on. :-)
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-04-2006, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
ranchu

Phyllis and Jim,

I really don't know what is what. To tell you the truth I don't even
know at this point is any of the red and pink survivied, although I
don't know why they wouldn't have. Last year I did not fertilize my
lilies at all and really just kind of ignored my ponds completely. I
just tired out so easily in the heat, so did not go outside much at
all. My Rose Garden is mess also, but family is helping me clean it up
and so it should look all right later on this year. Luckily the
Peonies are doing great and are better than ever. Last year was cool
compared to most summers on average with only one day in the 100 range,
so the peonies did not burn off like they sometimes do when the temps
are in the 100's for a week at a time and I don't get out there
frequently enough to water them.

I am Glad the stone gravel technique worked for you. It sure was a
bust for me. In fact, now that I think about it the pinks and reds may
have died during that experiment for when all was said and done, I had
a number of pots with rotted tubers in them and no growth.

I have plastic markers this year that I plan to place in each pot to
tell what the color is when I see the a bloom this year, so maybe I can
keep track better. Sorry that you did not get any of the red and pink
ones.

The price of lilies at places like LOWES really jumped last year. You
used to get one for about $4.95 or $5.95, now they are almost $12.00.
I haven't checked this year.

Have a Happy Pond.

Tom L.L.

Old 25-04-2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish
Koi-Lo

Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond ranchu at
was heard opining:
The price of lilies at places like LOWES really jumped last year. You
used to get one for about $4.95 or $5.95, now they are almost $12.00.
I haven't checked this year.

This year at Lowe's I saw them for $9.99. Wal*Mart has small cuttings in a
plastic type pot for around $5 and in several colors. I bought three and
they're all doing well.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.