Old 09-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Jerrispond

Default Hyacinth and lettuce site

I found a woman on ebay willing to just send me some lettuce and hyacinth with
out all the bidding nonsense. The plants arrived very quickly and VERY CHEAP.
they are quite small ( it is very early spring after all) I am very pleased
with them...thought you might like the site. She said it was ok for me to give
out. Jerri

Old 09-04-2003, 03:33 AM
Doug

Thanks Jerri,I ordered some Hyacinths and Lettuce.

How small is small???

Thanks
Doug

Old 09-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Jerrispond

Thanks Jerri,I ordered some Hyacinths and Lettuce.

How small is small???

The hyacinths were from about 3 or 4 inches with one about 6inches....the
lettuce were all about 2 inches across....however SHE said they were the size
of quarters.....worry not however you will be composting them in a few
months....remember how fast they grow when it gets warm. ) Jerri

Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Priscilla McCullough

I just dropped her a line.
I haven't had any luck finding any here.
Its been pouring again this week.
So far the pond liner has stayed in place.
Although Hubby did call me at work yesterday and told me he saw my pond
floating down the road. lol
Thanks for the info Jerri.
Priss

Old 23-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Doug

I received Hyacinths and Lettuce today.The plants were a good size.She added
a couple extra of each too.

Can't beat the price.I usually pay 3 to 4 dollars for one plant.

Old 24-04-2003, 02:20 AM
LRobi31070

Has anyone heard of birds carrying water lettuce out of a pond? My mothers
lettuce disappeared without a trace!