Old 29-04-2006, 04:35 PM posted to talk.religion.christian.jehovah-witness,alt.atheism,free.christians,rec.ponds
Sudoku

Default TOBS:Abe Lincoln Didn't go to church..why?

Abraham Lincoln, when explaining why he had never joined any religion,
said: “When any church will inscribe over its altar as its sole
qualifications for membership the Savior’s condensed statement of the
substance of both the law and the gospel, ‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy
God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy
strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself’—that
church will I join with all my heart and all my soul.”

The words quoted by Lincoln were spoken by Jesus Christ and are found in
the Bible at Luke 10:27. They clearly point to love—for God and for
fellowmen—as an identifying mark of true religion. It is no wonder that
people are turned away when they see so-called Christian folks and other
religious people fighting and killing one another in sanguinary wars, or
pursuing and promoting immoral ways of life that bring harm to
themselves and others.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:01 AM posted to alt.atheism,free.christians,rec.ponds

Abe Lincoln was worst mass murderer
in U.S. hx. Hence, worst pres.

sector_four