Old 24-05-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.ponds
JoeT

Default Koi eating a snake

In ten years of having a small koi pond this is a first. I just found one of
my 14" Koi swimming around with a 10" or so garder snake hanging from his
mouth ( no way to account for how much snake is inside the fish ). Question
is will he be able to process (swallow/digest) a snake properly or is he in
trouble? I know it would be next to impossible to catch him and remove the
snake manually... lol

Joe

Old 24-05-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"JoeT" noway@today wrote in message
. ..
In ten years of having a small koi pond this is a first. I just found one
of my 14" Koi swimming around with a 10" or so garder snake hanging from
his mouth ( no way to account for how much snake is inside the fish ).
Question is will he be able to process (swallow/digest) a snake properly
or is he in trouble? I know it would be next to impossible to catch him
and remove the snake manually... lol

============================
Wow! This is the first time I heard of something like this. :-) It's
usually the snakes eating the fish. Let us know what happens.

Koi-Lo....
Aquariums since 1952. Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer: I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Usenetzone or Verizon.
Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is posting through Earthlink.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~{@

Old 24-05-2006, 07:46 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

JoeT wrote:

In ten years of having a small koi pond this is a first. I just found one
of my 14" Koi swimming around with a 10" or so garder snake hanging from
his mouth ( no way to account for how much snake is inside the fish ).
Question is will he be able to process (swallow/digest) a snake properly
or is he in trouble? I know it would be next to impossible to catch him
and remove the snake manually... lol

hmmm. I don't know about Koi specifically - amongst other things, how warm
your water is now, makes a difference to how well they digest stuff. I
have seen cichlids eat fish half their own length, so _physically_ I doubt
there's much problem with a 14" koi eating a 10" snake. He won't be hungry
again, soon, that's for sure. While we think of koi as more vegetarian,
they do get a considerable amount of insect and crustacean food, normally.
--
derek
Old 24-05-2006, 07:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zircon

Well it appears carol aka koi lo is not as sart as she would like you
to belive. I ave had koi already beat smallwater snakes, its food to
them awe to you.......and in no way is it gong to hurt the fish. It
will swall what it can little by little and if need be it can also
spit it back up.

Don;t pay carol Gulley aka koi lo any attention , The woman needs to
be placed in a nut house as she is a sociopath and pathological liar.
You just can not belive anything that comes out of hermouth or off her
keyboard.

How manyy koi lo's are in these groups. One and only one, and thats
her, CArol Gulley.....she often posts with a nym change and then
changes her nym again and answers herself. She has had ongoing replies
toherself that numbered in the 30 and 40's of replies, all just her
posting and answering herself.tallk about a wack job.. She is
possessed with some awfully evil thoughts and spirits.

news:yISdnefBbqnoPenZnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@comcast. com...

Old 25-05-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.ponds

if he ate it he can digest it. they do digest small fish with scales. Ingrid

"JoeT" noway@today wrote:

In ten years of having a small koi pond this is a first. I just found one of
my 14" Koi swimming around with a 10" or so garder snake hanging from his
mouth ( no way to account for how much snake is inside the fish ). Question
is will he be able to process (swallow/digest) a snake properly or is he in
trouble? I know it would be next to impossible to catch him and remove the
snake manually... lol

Joe

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Old 25-05-2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

See yuou dumbass Koi lo there are two that agree so you lost on that
one bitch. Actually someone actually two have something or done
something that you did not have or do......Proof there is a god
afterall...............Naw, I guess if there was a god he would have
struck yu down dead long ago.......then again maybe he is morbid and
like to acclimate people like you so they have a easier transition
when they go to hell.....I hear carol has scales........oh , sorry
CArol there scabs not scales..big difference.

"JoeT" noway@today wrote:

In ten years of having a small koi pond this is a first. I just found one of
my 14" Koi swimming around with a 10" or so garder snake hanging from his
mouth ( no way to account for how much snake is inside the fish ). Question
is will he be able to process (swallow/digest) a snake properly or is he in
trouble? I know it would be next to impossible to catch him and remove the
snake manually... lol

Joe

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/