Old 27-05-2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
jw 1111

Default goldfish jealousies

I have two small ponds and i put two goldfish each pond a few years ago.
one died so i put the newly single one in with the other two.

so in the one pond i have three fish. the original two in that pond which
comprises of the biggest (a) and one a bit smaller (b) and the one newly
moved from the pond (c) which is much smaller than either a or b.

when (c) first went into the pond is always stayed close to a and b and so
the three always swam around together. today we have just noticed that
both b and c are attacking a.

(a) has got a bit of white fungus on it and is either heavily pregnant or
has some illness that causes the stomach to swell. it doesnt seem all that
well because it moves about fairly slowly.

since it was being attacked i have moved it into the other pool so it is by
itself. do you think it's some sort of ' love trangle' violence or because
it
is ill (or pregnant) that causes it to be attacked by both fish? any
advice for a novice please?

Old 27-05-2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Dālmāniō©

\
Yea, toss it and buy another, your o nly talking 12 to 20 cents for a
new one thatb is not screwed up.
Such bullshit and concern over a freaking dumbass fish.You dumbass
ponders and aquaria freaks are about the biggest ****ed up folks I
ever saw....

Old 27-05-2006, 06:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default goldfish jealousies - fat goldfish

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"jw 1111" wrote in message
since it was being attacked i have moved it into the other pool so it is
by
itself. do you think it's some sort of ' love trangle' violence or
because it
is ill (or pregnant) that causes it to be attacked by both fish? any
advice for a novice please?

==========================
If it's a female heavy with eggs the males will chase it all around until it
stops, almost always in a clump of plants, and lays it's eggs. They will
fertilize the eggs and the chase begins again. But what you're describing
sounds more like some kind of illness. Are the water parameters the same in
both ponds? A drastic difference can sicken or even kill fish.

Koi-Lo....
Aquariums since 1952. Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer: I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Usenetzone or Verizon.
Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is posting through Earthlink.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~{@

Old 27-05-2006, 06:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

[...]

By attack, do you mean chased? This is normal & necessary fish behavior.
Sounds like a & b are males and c is female. I'm a tad concerned about what
you call fungus... as the fish could be sick besides full of eggs. Can you
describe the fungus with more detail? ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 27-05-2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

**** spray em with Lysol that knocks down fungus pretty darn good.

Or a quick dip in chlorox bleach will do it also.

Old 28-05-2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Puregold - Diseases

http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/

To the few remaining Porgs, excuse me while I lock some of these websites.
That's why you're seeing some of them come up like this, but with a more
easy to find (imo) title in the subject. ~ jan )

-----------------
Old 28-05-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Only disease around these groups is CArol Gulley aka koi lo and her
supporting bunch of sockpuupets and assholes looking for a free bit of
poon tang!
Old 28-05-2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.ponds

~ janj wrote:
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/

To the few remaining Porgs, excuse me while I lock some of these
websites. That's why you're seeing some of them come up like this, but
with a more easy to find (imo) title in the subject. ~ jan )

Very nice web site. Thanks, Jan.

Old 29-05-2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.ponds

it sounds sick and is developing dropsy.
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/d...ame.htm#dropsy

"jw 1111" wrote:

[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Big bumps on some goldfish David Glover Ponds 5 24-03-2003 08:56 PM
Goldfish died Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 1 11-03-2003 07:12 PM
new 125g natural sunlight goldfish aquarium s g Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-03-2003 04:03 AM
Flying Goldfish Ken Ponds 9 18-02-2003 03:51 AM
Goldfish and Koi BenignVanilla Ponds 4 15-02-2003 12:39 AM