Old 05-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Registered User

Default Cloudy Water

About 5 Days Ago I Re-potted My Pond Plants With New Aquatic Soil, However Since Then The Water Has Failed To Clear. I Have Turned The Pum Off For 12 Hours To Let The Water Settle But To No Avail.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Cloudy Water - clumping

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups."

kevin turpin" wrote in message

About 5 Days Ago I Re-potted My Pond Plants With New Aquatic Soil,
However Since Then The Water Has Failed To Clear. I Have Turned The Pum
Off For 12 Hours To Let The Water Settle But To No Avail.

=====================
There are products you can purchase to clump the fines in the water and
remove them from the water column. You can surely find such a product at
not only your local large fish and pond stores, but in the Home Depot and
Lowe's pond sections. I have used them in the past and they do work.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

You already stated this crap in theother post jerk. Whats different
did you lie about... the subject or is this one the lie?
Be gone with you.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

wrote:

About 5 Days Ago I Re-potted My Pond Plants With New Aquatic Soil,
However Since Then The Water Has Failed To Clear. I Have Turned The Pum
Off For 12 Hours To Let The Water Settle But To No Avail.

Accu-Clear and/or water changes should help. ~ jan
-----------------
Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

wrote:

About 5 Days Ago I Re-potted My Pond Plants With New Aquatic Soil,
However Since Then The Water Has Failed To Clear. I Have Turned The Pum
Off For 12 Hours To Let The Water Settle But To No Avail.

Aluminum sulfate at the rate of 2.6 oz per 1000 gallons is suggested
for 20 ppm to clear turbid ponds. It also adds a bit of acid and
you should check KH before using and it may kill snails, although it
hasn't killed all of mine yet. It also kills algae, but if you use
this to kill algae, you become chemically dependent, because the
decaying algae produces nutrients to feed the next algae bloom and the
cycle repeats unless you have a filter and growing plants in place
that will help to overcome the cycle of bloom, kill, bloom.......

I found mine at a hardware, garden, feed and seed type center that was
also an ACE Hardware Store. The price almost doubled to about $8 US
since I bought the last 4lb bag, but it works for me.

Regards,

Hal

Old 08-06-2006, 06:55 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

"~Roy" aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Its b****ing asholes like you that keep the noise level going. Your
the first ****ing moron to snap today......you poor pityful