Old 18-06-2006, 05:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Robert

Default Complete pond water change

I just ordered a larger better filter for my pond, and I was woundering
if i should remove all the water in my pond scrub it down and clean it
out and refill it with freash water? The only problem is that I have 10
koi in there. Would this complete water change kill them or afect them
in any way?

Old 18-06-2006, 05:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Complete pond water change - new filter

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.
~~~
"Robert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just ordered a larger better filter for my pond, and I was woundering
if i should remove all the water in my pond scrub it down and clean it
out and refill it with freash water?

Unless it has a lot of mulm on the bottom that shouldn't be necessary. You
should be doing partial water changes and they would remove a lot of
dissolved solids and other pollutants on a regular basis.

The only problem is that I have 10
koi in there. Would this complete water change kill them or afect them
in any way?

It could since you'll be wiping out the nitrogen cycle and starting all
over. Unless the pond is quite large with a lot of plants that held loads
of nitrifying bacteria, you could have one heck of an ammonia, then nitrite
surge. When you do a drain down on your pond it is really best NOT to scrub
it down. Just give the sides a quick hosing and use a wet-dry vac to remove
the slop on the bottom.

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 18-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

I wouldn't dump the water etc
I would be tempted to run the two filters in parallel for a while.
Old 18-06-2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Take ****ing hike CArol.your not a pond person never was never wil
be, allyur posts are lies and more lies. Your ponds that you claim as
yours belong to neighbors not you. Gte a ****ing life Carol your not
welcome here bitch Go back to New York City / Queen and work the
streets like you were brought up to do...........

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:42:12 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.
~~~
roups.com...

Old 18-06-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Sure just toss fish in a barrelwith old water scrub the liner down and
refill and toss fish in.....they will probably make it......if not buy
more, or save the time effort and money and just fill that freaking
hole in the yard in and plant veggies.

Old 18-06-2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:19:42 +0000, sean mckinney
wrote:

I wouldn't dump the water etc
I would be tempted to run the two filters in parallel for a while.

Yes, I agree. Get the bacteria going in the new filter, in the meantime you
could suck the bottom of any debris with a shop vac. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-06-2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Yea, just give CArol a call and she sure will suck out that crap in a
heart beat and anything else she can get latched onto.

Old 19-06-2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

And just what the hell does this have to do with a ****ing price oif
beer in china bitch?
Keep tyhe shit on topic or at least have the mentality to change the
subject! You fat assed bimbo bitch!