Old 13-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Crashj

Default Help Please Acidental complete water change

"Randy" wrote in message news:3zwIc.74815$XM6.22733@attbi_s53...
LAst night my neighbor was topping off his 7700 gallon pond and he
accidently left the water on overnight he lost about 25 of his 50 fish. I
dumped in some water prep this morning but I wonder if there is something
else I can do to save the remining fish. The whole pond is new water
now.Please help.

Not that it would be helpful this time, but a thought occurs: We have
a shower head filter that removes a good percentage of the chlorine.
($85 US) I have never chemically tested it, but you cannot smell
chlorine when showering, so it is definitely reduced. I would not rely
on it alone to remove the all chlorine and I have no information on
what it does for chloramine.
But my point is, why not build something like this into the feedwater
line, just as insurance? Or is there some fishy/pondy unit on the
market?
Also, if you had a filter like that you could circulate the pond water
through it with a garden hose.
--
Crashj; building . . .
Old 19-07-2004, 01:05 AM
San Diego Joe

"Randy" wrote:

LAst night my neighbor was topping off his 7700 gallon pond and he
accidently left the water on overnight he lost about 25 of his 50 fish. I
dumped in some water prep this morning but I wonder if there is something
else I can do to save the remining fish. The whole pond is new water
now.Please help.

I think poring in dechlorinator is about all you can do. It should be okay
though.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.