Old 23-07-2006, 02:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
jimmy d

Default what to use as filter material!

I have a 1000 gal. pond with 2 filters.One is a bio filter and works great.
I use furnace material and such in the other to keep the water clear. Is
there any thing else I could use instead of furnace mat. in my filter, it
seems to clog up very fast and I don't know how good it is. Thanks JIM

Old 24-07-2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:01:43 -0400, "jimmy d" wrote:

I have a 1000 gal. pond with 2 filters.One is a bio filter and works great.
I use furnace material and such in the other to keep the water clear. Is
there any thing else I could use instead of furnace mat. in my filter, it
seems to clog up very fast and I don't know how good it is. Thanks JIM

I use vinyl screening (bug screening) in my pre-filter. ~ jan
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Old 24-07-2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.ponds

~ janj wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:01:43 -0400, "jimmy d" wrote:

I have a 1000 gal. pond with 2 filters.One is a bio filter and works great.
I use furnace material and such in the other to keep the water clear. Is
there any thing else I could use instead of furnace mat. in my filter, it
seems to clog up very fast and I don't know how good it is. Thanks JIM

I use vinyl screening (bug screening) in my pre-filter. ~ jan

Well, there are 3 things going on.
1. The filter is working
2. The pond has debris
3. The filter is working great.

On a lighter note, you could construst a pre-filter with the screen in
front of the present filter to catch the larger debris.