Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Filter material

I was wondering what everyone uses for their filter material?
A friend of mine has a pond and the guy that made her filter moved
elsewhere.
the Filter is kinda like a big box and this roll of stuff on the inside.
On top of that she has some water plants. I was wondering if anyone knew
what this roll of stuff was.
It works good for her pond is crystal clear. You can see all the way to the
bottom.
She don't have a clue what it is either.
Priss

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
claude rogers

If the roll stuff is white or used to be white and looks like wet cotton its
is probably bonded quilt batting, great for clear water, not so great for
bacterial growth. I personally use buffer pads for floor buffers with a
layer of batting on top of that in a food grade barrel...Claude

Old 29-05-2003, 05:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Poly Fiber, probably this stuff:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/aquatic1v1...nfo4=0&eflag=0
but I know someone had a better picture as this just shows a small chunk.
~ jan

On Wed, 28 May 2003 17:02:50 -0400, "Priscilla McCullough"
wrote:

I was wondering what everyone uses for their filter material?
A friend of mine has a pond and the guy that made her filter moved
elsewhere.
the Filter is kinda like a big box and this roll of stuff on the inside.
On top of that she has some water plants. I was wondering if anyone knew
what this roll of stuff was.
It works good for her pond is crystal clear. You can see all the way to the
bottom.
She don't have a clue what it is either.
Priss

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

UV filter + material blobby Ponds 5 15-10-2009 06:43 PM
Matala filter material Joe[_12_] Ponds (moderated) 4 03-05-2008 04:13 PM
what to use as filter material! jimmy d Ponds 4 24-07-2006 02:37 AM
Filter Material HTH Ponds 15 27-05-2004 07:02 AM
Filter material question Marc Tripp Ponds 1 22-05-2003 06:44 AM