Old 14-04-2003, 11:32 AM

Default White spot

Any good sugestions on how to get rid of white spot from my 250 Gal
pond ?

I tried treating it with an aquarium treatment but my small goldfish
has got the infection. My other fish are OK (small Koi and a largeish
Shubukin) The golie was in the pond during the inital outbreak that
took my two large GF earlier this year.

All water parameters are ok

I'm Currently building a new pond system to replace the current one
and I don't want to end up with this problem in a 1500 gal pond

Dave

Please post followups to rec.ponds
Old 14-04-2003, 06:20 PM
~ jan

On 14 Apr 2003 03:31:36 -0700, dave wrote:

Any good sugestions on how to get rid of white spot from my 250 Gal
pond ?

Salt. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 17-04-2003, 03:56 AM

anything with formalin and malachite green will do it. repeat every other day for 3
treatments. ich is on the fish in a carrier state and will break out when the temp
drops. no need to be concerned about contaminating the new pond. all fish got their
dose of ich with em. after an ich outbreak they mostly have immunity for a while.
the greatest cause of ich is a big temp drop. in a tank drop more than 4oF will do
it, in a pond the drop would need to be larger. lots of people accidently drain
their pond out and then run cold tap water into the pond and get ich. always run the
same temp water into the pond, or, spray the water into the pond slowly over 24 hours
to prevent ich outbreaks. Ingrid

) wrote:

Any good sugestions on how to get rid of white spot from my 250 Gal
pond ?

I tried treating it with an aquarium treatment but my small goldfish
has got the infection. My other fish are OK (small Koi and a largeish
Shubukin) The golie was in the pond during the inital outbreak that
took my two large GF earlier this year.

All water parameters are ok

I'm Currently building a new pond system to replace the current one
and I don't want to end up with this problem in a 1500 gal pond

Dave

Please post followups to rec.ponds

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/