Old 18-11-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default missing water

A number of times a year (or a month) about half the water in the pond "goes
missing" There are not leaks but the water within 10 or so hours just
disappears. A pal who has a similar problem call it an inversion. Any
insight here?

Old 18-11-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:22:19 -0500, "Barbara" wrote:

A number of times a year (or a month) about half the water in the pond "goes
missing" There are not leaks but the water within 10 or so hours just
disappears. A pal who has a similar problem call it an inversion. Any
insight here?

How big is the pond? What kind of waterfall/stream?

At the demo pond, due to the style of water fall, if a strong wind comes up
we can lose a lot of water as the wind blows the waterfall sideways.
Perhaps that could be happening to you? ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-11-2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Barbara" wrote in message
A number of times a year (or a month) about half the water in the pond
"goes missing" There are not leaks but the water within 10 or so hours
just disappears. A pal who has a similar problem call it an inversion.
Any insight here?

=================================
Check for leaking waterfalls. Deer drinking from it when no one is outside
(we had that problem with a barrel pond). Wind spray as Jan already said.
A leaking outside filter. I would also check carefully again for a leak,
even a pinhole where the water stops vanishing - at the waterline.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 19-11-2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Barbara" wrote in message
Wind spray? Never thought about that! I'll see if I can check it out.
Thanks!

==================
Please let us know if that was the problem. :-)
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 20-11-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.ponds

after having another pond siphon happen last night my husband went around
the pond on hands and knees. It seems (tralla) that due to excess wind the
waterfall shifted. By Jove I think we've got it. Thanks to all :0)

Barbara

Old 20-11-2006, 06:36 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Barbara" wrote in message
after having another pond siphon happen last night my husband went around
the pond on hands and knees. It seems (tralla) that due to excess wind
the waterfall shifted. By Jove I think we've got it. Thanks to all :0)

========================
Do come back. :-)
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 20-11-2006, 12:33 PM posted to rec.ponds

Köi-Lö wrote:
"Barbara" wrote in message
A number of times a year (or a month) about half the water in the pond
"goes missing" There are not leaks but the water within 10 or so hours
just disappears. A pal who has a similar problem call it an inversion.
Any insight here?

=================================
Check for leaking waterfalls. Deer drinking from it when no one is outside
(we had that problem with a barrel pond). Wind spray as Jan already said.

If Jan said it, why repeat it Bimbo?

Old 20-11-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.ponds

Barbara wrote:
after having another pond siphon happen last night my husband went around
the pond on hands and knees. It seems (tralla) that due to excess wind the
waterfall shifted.

Did you mount him and played horsie?

Old 21-11-2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message
oups.com...

Antonio. There is something that clinicians refer to as ...

Verbal abuse.

If you want to harm someone emotionally,
rather than in an obvious physical manner,
verbal, or psychological, abuse is an effective tool.