Old 18-04-2003, 03:20 PM
John Rutz

Default catching fish in large pond

I desperatly need to cull about 70-80 8-10 inch Koi out of my pond
I have a seine net but last year when I tried to catch the fish to thin
out the population I had no luck in catchin the Koi, did catch a the
goldfish.and got rid of them then

anyone have an Idea as how to do this without draining the Pond?? the
area the Koi are in is 25x40x3 ft

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 18-04-2003, 10:32 PM

draw the pond down or
at night. one BIG stationary dark net and another person sorta herding them into the
stationary net.
Ingrid

Old 19-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Carola / Les

I have just been successful in removing a dozen or so and transferring them
to my neighbours pond.
Method : I leave a fairly large net with long handle suspended in the
pond. I leave it there for several days until the fish accept it and swim
over and in it. Then I stand well back from the pond and, using the long
handle, whisk them out.

Old 19-04-2003, 12:32 AM
RichToyBox

John,

I use a seine net to corral them into a smaller area, then I get in with
them, use a large flat koi net to select the one that I want to take out,
and use a sock net to affect capture. Once in the sock net, I can walk over
to the edge of the pond and get out while the fish is still in the pond, and
take the sock net to the container for treatment, or bagging. The smaller
they are the harder they are to catch.
--
RichToyBox

"John Rutz" wrote in message
I desperatly need to cull about 70-80 8-10 inch Koi out of my pond
I have a seine net but last year when I tried to catch the fish to thin
out the population I had no luck in catchin the Koi, did catch a the
goldfish.and got rid of them then

anyone have an Idea as how to do this without draining the Pond?? the
area the Koi are in is 25x40x3 ft

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Is 'swimbladder disorder' catching ? Carole[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 9 20-03-2009 11:14 PM
Catching fish NewbieBill Ponds 6 08-04-2004 02:04 PM
re catching fish in large pond John Rutz Ponds 1 19-04-2003 04:44 PM
catching fish at meal times... adavisus Ponds 0 19-04-2003 01:56 AM
Catching Bears, was Is fire ash any good for soil ? ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 0 11-12-2002 03:19 AM