Old 24-02-2007, 11:29 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Rangen Food vrs Faithway (local mfg brand)

So if all tags are identical in ingredients and percentages would you
assume its of equal quality? I do, and its dirt cheap.....$5 a pound
is not all that bad, but double that and drive two miles wil buy me
50# Right now I have 3/4 ton of it in the barn.......30 bags or
somewhere around that number.......I originally bought 1 ton, and got
it for 90 cents a bag less for large lot......

As for early spring clean up, my ponds are a bit large to treat with
Prazzi, and knock on wood so far gill flukes etc have not been a
problem, but I do the PP treatment 2x a year anyhow so my water stays
pretty darn decent....

I found a few more remnants of Parrots Feather in the one pond as well
as aquatic clover that I need to pull and get rid of....and I think I
can then declare the pond is free of any really invasive
plants......that is except for my sensitive vine......that thing just
criss crosses abck and forth all summer long or as long as its fairly
warm out, putting down long trailing submerged roots similar to
WH.....and about every 4 inches or so is yellow flower.....the stuff
grows almost overnight, but its so easy to control and manage its
certainly not a problem......Just cut it off and pull it out like a
rope..........I have it up and around the preforms also and poke it
out of the water onto the ground, and it grows in and around the
monkey grasses and other plants. If it gets out inthe grass I cut ir
off when I cut grass, no special means taken to move it, just cut it,
and it never hurts it. Once water temp gets to about 60-65 or the
first frost its on its way out until weather / water gets nice
again....

-------

to Ingrid - what brand of food? Ann in Houston Ponds 1 22-10-2004 09:59 PM
to Ingrid - what brand of food? Ann in Houston Ponds 0 22-10-2004 07:28 PM
PVC vrs. ABS Richard Holub Ponds 7 13-03-2004 04:12 AM
Bio-balls vrs Springflo vrs Bio-fill PlainBill Ponds 17 28-07-2003 06:42 AM
How to ID Damson vrs Plum sappling? MG United Kingdom 1 24-04-2003 09:20 AM