Old 20-04-2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.ponds
No Name

Default Cleaning a pond

I have a 400 gallon pond that has been severely clouded from pollen and a
few leaves on the bottom. i have cleaned out the leaves, poured some
chemical that is supposed to clump together all the microscopic particles,
but my pond is still cloudy. i have even added barley straw. Is there a
way to clear it up without draining the pond? Thanks.

Old 20-04-2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
I have a 400 gallon pond that has been severely clouded from pollen and a
few leaves on the bottom. i have cleaned out the leaves, poured some
chemical that is supposed to clump together all the microscopic particles,
but my pond is still cloudy. i have even added barley straw. Is there a
way to clear it up without draining the pond? Thanks.

===========================
You don't mention a filter, fish or pond plants. What do you have in this
pond? Sometimes it's better and faster to just drain it, clean out the
"crud" and refill it.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 20-04-2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.ponds

Make up yuour mother ****ing mind Ron, One day you say the rec.pond
group is dead now you say it exists and co exists. I guess your
suffereing form PMS being the bitch of a hipocrite you really are.
Rec.ponds is not dead and it never iwll be, ITs just not gonna be
controlled by a bunch of assholes and net nazi's like rpm is. You post
more to rec.ponds now than yu ever did previously to stirring up the
trouble. Your nothing but trouble ron, and what else would be
expected for a so called preacher man without morales.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:41:26 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:25:46 -0400, wrote:

I have a 400 gallon pond that has been severely clouded from pollen and a
few leaves on the bottom. i have cleaned out the leaves, poured some
chemical that is supposed to clump together all the microscopic particles,
but my pond is still cloudy. i have even added barley straw. Is there a
way to clear it up without draining the pond? Thanks.

Hi Camper 74,

I have a very large "mud" earth pond,, so I don't have any
personal experience to advise you on your setup..
I would like to mention that a new ponding group has been formed
(about a month ago.) Its called rec.ponds.moderated.
Most of the ponders have gone over to that group, although a few
still stop in here.

You might get an answer here, but you're more likely to get some
good info/help over at the new group.
If you are reading this from google, you might want to subscribe
to google's version of rec.ponds.moderated. If you are reading
directly from usenet with a newsreader, you will probably need to
refresh/update your newsgroup list.
(Some people using Agent have found it necessary to completely
re-download their entire group list.)

Rec.ponds and rec.ponds.moderated now co-exist side by side. You
can post to both groups separately, but the rules of r.p.m do not
permit crossposting directly between the two groups.

Ron Schompert

-------
Old 20-04-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
No Name

I do have 2 small (3") Koi and 2 plants that are just starting out. I have
a 700 gph Pondmaster pump with biological and mechanical filter.
I was afraid i might kill the fish from putting them back into a pond
without established bacteria.

Old 20-04-2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message news:wdaWh.9221$vD4.6391@bigfe9...
I do have 2 small (3") Koi and 2 plants that are just starting out. I have
a 700 gph Pondmaster pump with biological and mechanical filter.
I was afraid i might kill the fish from putting them back into a pond
without established bacteria.

======================
Try and find Bio Spria as people claim it's one bacterial product that truly
works. If you decide to clean out the pond clean the filter in the used
pond water. Much of the bacteria will survive and will quickly reseed the
entire filter and pond. Don't overfeed when you replace the fish should you
go that route. Feed them very lightly for a week or so. Make sure to use
something to neutralize any chlorine or choramine. I hope you realize that
koi can reach 3' in length and will need a much larger pond. Also, that's an
awfully big pump for a 400g pond. Too much current and water turbulence
wear fish out.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 21-04-2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

stuff some polyester batting somewhere in the filter. or drop the pump into a bucket
and cover the pump with batting. that should do it. Ingrid

wrote:

I have a 400 gallon pond that has been severely clouded from pollen and a
few leaves on the bottom. i have cleaned out the leaves, poured some
chemical that is supposed to clump together all the microscopic particles,
but my pond is still cloudy. i have even added barley straw. Is there a
way to clear it up without draining the pond? Thanks.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
Need advice for first-time pond cleaning Cathy Ponds 3 13-06-2003 11:57 PM
Pond cleaning question for the pros. jammer Ponds 1 02-05-2003 11:08 AM
pond cleaning report ;-) K30a Ponds 10 29-04-2003 05:20 AM
Cleaning pond - surprising discovery Cleveland Ponder Ponds 1 26-03-2003 10:09 PM