Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default DIY pond sites needed

IMHO your best bet woukd be to go to Koiphen.com or Koishack.com and
sign up and become a participating memeber there. They both have a ton
of material online to show how to do what yur asking plus they have
someone on line most all of the time ready and willing to answer
questins and guide yu properly in constructing a pond. Both those web
based forums are tops inthe poind and koi world and have a wealth of
info on them plus the added advantage of pictures and
illustrations.....as wel as many vendors also post and asnwer
questions there, but no one peddles any goods but goods are available
if you go to the classified or for sale page.....Give Koiphen.com or
koishack.com a try.........I bet what your looking for is already
there and posted already. Your spinnning your wheels on USENET trying
to get any info other than opinions based on their own findings, not
really a reliable method or proceedure IMHO.

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:03:43 -0600, jst wrote:

I have done a google search but have not been satisfied with my results
for DIY pond sites. We have had a tub for several years and are FINALLY
taking the plunge to a liner. I feel confident on most parts but want
some insight into installing my skimmer and how to secure the liner at
the edges.

Any favorite sites ???

TIA

-------

Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM posted to rec.ponds

Yup, koiphen and koishack seem to be about the only water gardening
message boards worth bothering with on the web, currently. The koi
folk especially have quite accomplished technical skills.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.ponds

On 12 May 2007 10:09:07 -0700, "
wrote:

Yup, koiphen and koishack seem to be about the only water gardening
message boards worth bothering with on the web, currently. The koi
folk especially have quite accomplished technical skills.

Ain't that thew truth. USENET is not worth thew bother anymore. Its
just nice to be able to post a question and get a reply almost
8mediatrely along with pinters or links to pics and other related
stuff and no need to wait around for answers like.

I am sure one of our moderators will be along shortly.
or
I now your in a hurry but please be patieint our fish foks are due to
come on board any time now..

Its like these idiots in usenet moderated ponds groups are supposed to
be stars or some big guru and we all need to wait humbly while we
await their appearance.......Moderated groups are even more than one
step backwards in info even n usenet especialy when compared to web
based forums with pics and lots of informative knowedgeable fokls
that are more than happy to assist anyone .....Koiphen and Koishack
are it!

-------