Old 24-06-2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Water Hyacinth to Share?

I was looking for a quick growing floater to fill in the "stream" section of
my pond. Anyone in the Raleigh / Durham area have a small bunch they are
willing to share?

Old 24-06-2007, 08:40 PM posted to rec.ponds

Rob,

Surprised that you can still get one of those these days. They were outlawed
last year in my state - Arkansas.

Good luck. (Nice to see a legitimate pond post)

John

Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

You won't find much water hyacinth growing native in North Carolina, a tender tropical aquatic plant such as that is more or less exterminated by Winter freezes often in the teens.

With sub zero ice freezes lasting several days a freeze typically of an inch to four inches thick on a pond can be relied on to destroy tender plants such as that

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html