Old 31-07-2007, 03:36 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Do you like your pond?

On Jul 30, 8:14?pm, Mud Ponder wrote:

Not anywhere near like
a moderated group is, and folks are just so much more friendly, than
the hipocrites on the moderated pond group are..as they tend to make
up the rules of group posting as they go along.............as they do
not pay any attention to their so called charter. Its mopre of an
eyewash thing they had so they could get their exclusive country club
established for the sake of control, nothing at all to do with so
called trolls as they claim.- Hide quoted text -

Can you believe what a hypocrite Roy is.
Another name change for him and now acts all nice.
However, I see you're still whining about the moderated pond group
that you were kicked out of though.
Ridiculous.
Here you act all nice, yet the other day you made up another screen
name with my screen name in it, and are cross posting your replies all
over the place.
Yeah, you're the hypocrite king of trolls alright.

Old 31-07-2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.ponds

I have a pond for koi. it has a veggie filter which is extremely low
maintenance. I sit out by my pond (in the city, my backyard is 25' x
25') every morning and evening. it is wonderful to sit listening to
the waterfall and feed the fish.

dont get caught up in technology and fancy filters and stuff. and
keep the pond understocked with fish. then it will be easy. Ingrid

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:20:26 -0400, B Daly wrote:

I am a complete novice thinking of installing a garden pond (about 500
gallons). I know this will be a biased answer on this news group. But,
is owning and maintaining a pond like the old boat owners saying - "the
two best days are the day it is bought and the day it is sold?" Or has
pond ownership been a satisfying experience? Thanks.

Also, in your opinion, what is the best resource for a beginner?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:36:46 -0700, Tynk wrote:

However, I see you're still whining about the moderated pond group
that you were kicked out of though.

I just have to clarify... even though I'll be flamed royally for even
posting here (not that I'll see it, as I plan to scurry right back to my
moderated group, as I'm sure will be suggested with much profanity). ;-)

No one was kicked out of RPM. Foul language gets excluded, as do personal
flames. Many times we don't even see these posts as they are auto-modded.

It is too bad that one moderator, who has since quit, decided to let a
couple of us get constantly trashed here in RP over their need to slap
someone's knuckles, yet not own up to it. It is too bad the one with
smarting knuckles has burned bridges. Not even accepting the apology of the
mod who let the slap thru. But such is life. If nothing else, the mods have
learned from it. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.ponds

~ jan wrote:
[...]

I have been resisting posting much the same stuff as Jan just
has......but I will add that a certain person should have had more trust
in the rpm moderation team rather than deciding to trash them and make
us feel bad about him......

I will second that Roy was never "banned" from rpm......and if he posts
on topic without profanities or attacks never will be.....and in fact
even if he does it would just result in his posts being rejected rather
than him being banned.....banning is against rpm's charter and quite
rightly so......

The only post ever rejected by Roy initially was in response to an
inflammatry post made by another poster, which in the early days of rpm
and experience passed through which it should not have done......at
which point it was recoginised that he should have the right to reply
but in more measured language than his initial reaction.....he chose not
to take this option.....an apology by the moderator who approved the
post was sent.

I have no issues with Roy whatsoever......although I do think he is a
silly bugger who has burnt his own bridges with those sympathetic to
him, who actually liked him and were quite fond of him in our own
way.....but so be it....what is done is done.....

However, it has to be said, that however much flaming, trolling and
insults that Roy has thrown at Jan and I regarding our integrity and
variuous other things.....we kept by our principles with respect to the
post in question....and even though, with what transpired we were going
to get damned if we did and damned if we didn't both of us kept to what
we believed was right.....and it will make little difference to the two
individuals involved as they have both condemned us in their own ways.....

I will confirm that the poster in question was a moderator of rpm and
has tendered his resignation because of the issue in question.....

Gill

Speaking entirely for herself and in no way representing the moderation
team of rec.ponds.moderated

Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 PM posted to rec.ponds

Gill Passman wrote:

I will second that Roy was never "banned" from rpm......and if he posts
on topic without profanities or attacks never will be....

Roy delights in stirring the pot.
Like the scorpion, it's just his nature.
Best ignored, IMHO.
And certainly already over-discussed.
mea culpa...