Old 02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
John Rutz

Default Magnetic drive Pondmaster pump

Michael Shaffer wrote:
I'm looking at the 2400 gal/hour Pondmaster pump but I heard that you
need a vortex above the pump for it to work. Can somebody explain this?
I was going to put the pump in my settling chamber, would that be ok?

Thanks

-- yyou mean it will be in the water? if so there is no need for a
vortex for the pump itself
the vortex is a circular flow of water that helps solids fall out, I
have used straight thru flow barrels as settling chambers and they worked

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 02-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Michael Shaffer

Cool, what did you do about leaves though? Do you have to put the pump
in a basket or does the pump actually suck up the leaves?

John Rutz wrote:
forgat to mention I use two of these pumps they are located in the pond
bottom and pumped every thing into the barrels.
this year I changed it so that they pump into the veggie bog eliminating
the barrels all settling takes place in the bog
the onluy thing that has blocked flow thru these is a wall mart bag that
got into the pond

Old 03-05-2003, 12:09 AM
John Rutz

Michael Shaffer wrote:
Cool, what did you do about leaves though? Do you have to put the pump
in a basket or does the pump actually suck up the leaves?

the leaves I get from the lilies(that the Koi break off) and my elm and
catalpa trees and my gardens I net
they float for a day or so so its no big deal to net em off every
evening, if any sink they eventualy get chewed up by the pump( or the Koi)

Old 11-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Let us know! 1/16 does not sound like much. I wonder if it will find the
low spots?

Jim
Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"John Rutz" wrote in message

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Hi John,

I still wait to see how you clean your bog! Our berm-barrels and veggie
filters really do collect a lot of gunk/muck. Maybe yours will be
nutrientized...or just make a richer bog.

Jim

-- well i kinda sorta figured it out, the amount collected in my barrels
last summmer spread over the whole bog should build up at the rate of
1/16 inch therabouts per year hopefully that will be used by the
plants but we will see what rrealy happens at the end of this summer ;-)