Old 06-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Registered User

Location: Massachusetts
Default back on again

For some reason, my ISP has dropped this newsgroup from the ones I can get, so I have now found it on the web

Thank you everyone for all the help with the GFCI outlet messages. We have installed everything now with the help of my dh. We ran a GFCI outlet from the house to a newly created GFCI outlet at the pond. We used the pvc piping to run the wire down from the outlet on the house to the ground and then used the outdoor waterproof PVC coated wiring to the outlet near the pond. We put covers on both of the outlets. We were concerned that the kids would try to play with the plugs so we installed ones that were harder for them to open.

Our littlest one (almost 2) already took a dive in the deep end 3.5' while i was trying to get the water fountain to work, thank God I was right there. Hopefully he won’t be doing that again. I saw a site on adding in milk crates into the pond for plant shelves, which I thought was a great idea especially with kids around. Its not like I wont be watching them out there anyways, but it only takes a second if I turn around for one of them to fall in.

Anyhow, I have added in the filter, pump, and fountain, along with rocks for the beneficial bacteria to form on, and big enough that the goldfish won’t be able to choke on them. Our backyard looks like a disaster from all the digging and stuff that we found while digging up the dirt. That will take more time to clean up. Our kids helped by putting in the rocks while I was getting other stuff done on the pond. My littlest loved that because he was trying to throw bigger rocks in the pond from our yard before and I kept having to stop him. I washed the rocks before they were put in, but I have dirt in my pond and its making the water brown as well. I just started up the filter on Sunday, and used my Python cleaner to clean up what I could see, but its still looks awful L Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks again.

Chrissy in MA
Old 06-05-2003, 06:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Chrissy" wrote in message
snip
[...]

It's like this pond/family/condition/situation is written about Shareholders
Pond. I have all of the same problems.

BV.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Gregory Young

You did the electrical work by the book, as it sounds.
Nice job!
Happy ponding,
Greg

--