Old 06-05-2003, 08:44 PM
bobkiely

Default Thanksgiving in May for Froggy

On another note.
I went to the pet store the other day to get froggy some crickets. I stop by
there about once every 10 days or so and buy 24 large and then release about
6-8 of them to the pond every 3-4 days.

This time I couldn't find anyone to get the crickets for me. Finally, I
found a store clerk. He was stocking shelves and I'd never seen him before.
I asked him if he could get me 24 large crickets and he said, "Yes, sure -
OK." He was apparently new as he was looking for another employee to see
where the crickets were. It was apparent to me that he didn't know so I told
him. "Down that little hallway, last door on your left." - "Oh, OK, thanks",
he replied.

I've been in that little room before myself - I don't remember the
circumstances but I saw that they keep the crickets in a 30 gallon trashcan
and have it full of paper egg crates for the crickets to climb and hide in.
When they took the lid off it was kind of creepy as the crickets jump out of
the container and run like cockroaches and I hate roaches.

The young clerk must have felt the same as when I got to the cash register,
I looked at the plastic bag he handed me and there must have been 75-80
crickets in it with a part of the egg crate in there too. The clerk at the
register said, "How many?" and I said, "I asked for 24 large." So she rang
up 24 large at .10 cents apiece.

When I got home I released about ½ of them and put about 20 of those in the
planter around the pond. Froggy spends about 4-6 hours a day in the planter
anyway.

He now has acid reflux from eating so many at one sitting. :-)

froggy mornings songbird[_2_] Edible Gardening 0 28-09-2013 02:16 PM
Froggy M&K Ponds 4 08-08-2006 12:31 PM
Post Your Three Favorite Plants - I Make Up Facts That May or May Not Have MLEBLANCA Gardening 13 17-01-2004 07:13 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 27 May 2003 to 28 May 2003 (#2003-149) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 29-05-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 08:08 PM