Old 12-05-2003, 02:09 AM
P Davidson

Default Black Koi ?

My wife read some article that black Koi are supposed to be good luck.
After a visit to local shops, I was told that they are also very uncommon.
I suppose that translates to rare and expensive.
Are black Koi hard to find and where could I look if my local shops don't
have one?
Paul D

Old 12-05-2003, 03:32 AM
jammer

On Mon, 12 May 2003 01:12:55 GMT, "P Davidson"
wrote:

My wife read some article that black Koi are supposed to be good luck.
After a visit to local shops, I was told that they are also very uncommon.
I suppose that translates to rare and expensive.
Are black Koi hard to find and where could I look if my local shops don't
have one?
Paul D

http://www.fish2u.com/fish2u/regblackogon.html

If you do an online search you will find some.

Old 12-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Tom La Bron

P Davdison,

Can't be too rare for DrsFosterSmith.com are selling them.

Tom L.L.
-----------------------------
.com...

Old 12-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

They are not rare nor expensive. Actually they are less expensive because
they are not as desirable since they don't show very well in ponds. I have
a gorgeous butterfly Koi that I picked up for change, even though it has
become one of my favorites.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

.com...

Old 13-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Lee Brouillet

Black koi are supposed to add "Luck" to your pond; similarly, the Japanese
feel that white fish bring sorrow (white is their color of mourning . . . )
Yeh, yeh, yeh. . . I added two black koi to my collection about 6 weeks ago,
after about 5 weeks in quarantine. They're little guys, about 3.5" at the
time I added them. In they went, and that was the LAST I saw of them until
yesterday at high noon! Bewa these are the "true" ghost koi: you don't
see them! If they ever develop any distinguishing features, they will be
Stealth and Ninja!

I really, Really, REALLY want a black butterfly: I have a gorgeous white
doitsu butterfly, and I want the yin/yang thing goin'!

.com...

Old 13-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I too have couple of black butterfly Koi, boy they can give you heart
attack when you are cleaning the pond. Like other charkois, they are not as
scared as say sankes or kohakus, so they will come to you when you are in
the pond. You have never laughed till you see a big ol 185 pound man
wearing hip waders jump out of a pond screaming like a girl.

They sure will sneak up on you for sure!

--
_______________________________________

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Black koi are supposed to add "Luck" to your pond; similarly, the Japanese
feel that white fish bring sorrow (white is their color of mourning . .

.. )
Yeh, yeh, yeh. . . I added two black koi to my collection about 6 weeks

ago,
after about 5 weeks in quarantine. They're little guys, about 3.5" at the
time I added them. In they went, and that was the LAST I saw of them until
yesterday at high noon! Bewa these are the "true" ghost koi: you don't
see them! If they ever develop any distinguishing features, they will be
Stealth and Ninja!

I really, Really, REALLY want a black butterfly: I have a gorgeous white
doitsu butterfly, and I want the yin/yang thing goin'!

Lee
.com...

Old 17-05-2003, 08:32 PM
~ jan

On 12 May 2003 08:51:17 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:
Black koi are supposed to add "Luck" to your pond;

Personally I think a black koi is lucky because, he'd be the last seen by
the heron or king fisher. ;o)

I got a black koi after being hit by a raccoon and it never returned, so
maybe it is lucky for the whole pond? Course the scarecrow sprinkler
probably helps.

Ebony was pretty small, but now after 2 seasons he's fairly easy to spot if
one watches the pond for a bit, I wish he was a butterfly instead. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a