Old 23-05-2003, 12:08 AM
James

Default Sick Toad?

Hi All

Im new to the group so again Hi :-)

I may not ,though I think ive got a problem with a toad
in the garden. Last night I was looking in the pond and
I spotted a toad who appeared to be motionless ( playing dead perhaps ? ) ,
so anyway after 5 minutes I tryed to provoke him ( im a nice way) to move
away , tho he didnt , so at this stage I became concerned and lifted him out
of the pond onto the grass , He moved ( albeit sluggish) and I thought I
would leave it at that as he maybe frightened. Next night I come out and he
has`nt moved one inch though he is still alive ?! , Any advice at this
moment would be great , TIA

Steve.

Old 23-05-2003, 01:44 AM
K30a

Steve wrote Next night I come out and he
has`nt moved one inch though he is still alive ?!

hmmmm, doesn't sound very good for the toad.
Unless your weather took a turn for really chilly.
Toads are 'cold blooded' and don't work well unless they have heat from the sun
or ground to warm them.
You could bring him inside and see what he does?

k30a
Old 23-05-2003, 09:08 AM
James

k30a Wrote
You could bring him inside and see what he does?

I tryed that this morning to give him a warm to he still seems barely alive
and its a bit worrying to see again he stayed on the side of the pond all
night and never moved :-(

Old 23-05-2003, 01:32 PM
William Fernihough

You know he could have a virus, they say that if a toad pees on you, a wart
will grow. Be careful!

k30a Wrote

Old 23-05-2003, 03:32 PM

you got any scientific data to back up this claim?

Old 23-05-2003, 03:45 PM
K30a

Poor Toad. I expect he is on death's door.
Tuck him under a leaf some place.
Not many predators like toads, hognose snakes
and skunks like them. So your toad may have lived a full life and is taking his
time to shuttle off the mortal coil ;-)

k30a
Old 23-05-2003, 08:32 PM
jammer

On Fri, 23 May 2003 08:59:53 +0100, "James"
wrote:

I tryed that this morning to give him a warm to he still seems barely alive
and its a bit worrying to see again he stayed on the side of the pond all
night and never moved :-(

Sethim in the shade in an out of the way place. Sounds like he's
dieing. Let him go in peace.

Old 24-05-2003, 08:44 AM
James

time to shuttle off the mortal coil ;-)

The toad was not around this morning , after a few nights stuck i the same
location I feel he`s now been gotten by another predator , though lets hope
he recovered :-) , Thx for all the advice guys...

I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Edible Gardening 28 14-08-2007 08:10 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Gardening 25 05-08-2007 07:19 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 31-07-2007 08:36 PM
Toad Beak 21 Ponds (alternative) 1 26-03-2003 08:32 PM
to "Toad" Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 1 04-02-2003 01:19 AM