Old 23-05-2003, 04:44 PM
K30a

Default periodic cat/dog/report in

We, Heidi and Rosie, the watergardening labradors, would like
to report that we now have THREE squirrels cavorting in the cherry trees.
They are dropping unripe cherries on our heads and are paying no attention to
the RULES.
The dratted magpies nesting in our fir tree are spending most of their time
harassing the neighborhood cats and ignoring their nest. We were going to turn
them in as unfit parents but cat harrassing is not against our RULES, only
mom's rules.

Rosie - who does most of the writing around here
as Heidi only has about five braincells, max.
Old 24-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Barbara2245

ESPMER (K30a) wrote in message ...
We, Heidi and Rosie, the watergardening labradors, would like
to report that we now have THREE squirrels cavorting in the cherry trees.
They are dropping unripe cherries on our heads and are paying no attention to
the RULES.
The dratted magpies nesting in our fir tree are spending most of their time
harassing the neighborhood cats and ignoring their nest. We were going to turn
them in as unfit parents but cat harrassing is not against our RULES, only
mom's rules.

Rosie - who does most of the writing around here
as Heidi only has about five braincells, max.

The report from Princess and Dusty, schnauzer and schneeze from WI,
the weather is a little cool. The two grey squirrels and numerous red
squirrels are busy in the morning raiding the bird feeder. Nearly
every day we convince our person, Barb, to let us out to chase them.
While out we also get to search for the rabbits. Usually they are too
fast but we have fun chasing them all over the yard.

We have a new house going up across the street and we go out to bark
at the workmen. Our person, Barb, calls us in so they don't come over
and throw stuff at us. They have big machines that scare Princess.

We don't see many cats because we have them trained to avoid our yard.
There was a big turkey running around across the street for a few
days.

The fish are getting so big they get most of the Cheerios. Barb drops
us a few.
Time to take our nap before bedtime. Dusty
Old 24-05-2003, 07:21 PM
sandra

Report from Seymour and Penelope (yard cats extraordinaire):
Now that the night temps are getting warm, we have been booted out of the
bed and forced to sleep outdoors. We make up for it by rolling in fresh
garden mulch and running indoors to distribute it on the hardwood floors so
our barefoot people can collect it as they walk by...ouch...ouch.... Our
fish are doing well and eating like piggies. We like to hang over the edge
of the pond and help them eat their food. We also take long naps on the
bench near the pond. We too have dratted magpies but ignore their cries. No
squirrels here, just blue belly lizards, lots of songbirds and the
occasional gopher. Being civilized yard cats, we all co-exist just fine.
Have a good summer, its time to take a nap...
Seymour and Penelope

om...

Old 25-05-2003, 10:32 PM
zookeeper

Masud and Nila, sun-worshiping pharaoh hounds, and Little One, lhasa
apso koi-detective extraordinaire, reporting in from Oregon:

Plants, yard, pond and weather have been looking like summer lately, so
we've been spending most of our time sunning on the deck. (It takes a
couple months to get the Oregon chill out of our bones after winter and
spring.) Nila's favorite form of exercise is snapping at the bees and
bugs swarming around Mom's rhododendrons; but Mom gets upset when Nila
gets too crazy and breaks off small branches and flower clusters.

Little One is still watching the koi, but she also goes "walkabout"
every other day or so. She disappears in the 12 inch tall grass in the
backyard, and we see her 30 minutes or more later, with grass stained
paws, and weeds and mud stuck to her fur. Mom laughs, but we don't
remember her laughing when we come in with muddy paws, harumph. It's a
good thing the mud just slides off Little One's fur.

We've seen our first sunning garter snakes of the season; Mom won't let
us catch them, but we can chase them across the yard. Time to nap now,
will be out late visiting our older brother and younger cousins.
--
Sun worshipping pharaoh hounds,
and "koi detective" lhasa apso