Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default "Bog" filtration?

Hi.
While digging this new turtle pond I've been working on, there was a very
small portion of ground where the two yard fences met, and being on the
digging spree I was, I hollowed it out about 10" deep, 18" wide, 8" tall.
If it EVER stops raining here I'm going to go out and put the finishing
touches on the digging and once again and FINALLY lay the liner, and that
will go into this little "hole" I dug, too. While I was digging it in the
back of my mind I was thinking some kind of bog filter, or place for the
clean water to enter and flow over the ledge back into the main turtle pond,
or SOMETHING. So what exactly is the criteria for a big filtration area?
Do I now put tiny pebbles in the lined hole and plant bog plants and let the
water slowly go into this area? What makes a bog filtration area a
filtering place? The media in it? The rate that the water enters it and
leaves it? Trying to make it work in my mind so I can then make it work
in reality. TIA.
Sue