Old 27-05-2003, 12:44 AM
K30a

Default "Bog" filtration?

Bonnie wrote But I'm growing tomatoes and water celery and watercress in
mine. Does that qualify it?

Add water chestnuts and I'd say you have
a Salad Filter!

k30a
Old 27-05-2003, 01:34 AM
John Rutz

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
Could we on rec.ponds try to fix the terms bog & veggie? Note how K30a
defined them, those of us who use plants in a separate filtering pond have
VEGGIE filters, not BOG filters.

Could we do this? Please? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--

sure but a qualifier to define which kind of veggie filter
in pond veggie filter(somehow part of pond)

make sense or am I off track again?

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 27-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Nedra

roflol ... now this IS fun. as for spelling tomato. That is the
singular form .. the plural form takes an "e" .

Nedra

Old 27-05-2003, 04:09 AM
K30a

Nedra wrote roflol ... now this IS fun. as for spelling tomato. That is the
singular form .. the plural form takes an "e" .

But do you say it 'toe-may-toe' or
'toe-mah-toe'?
(was that an Irving Berlin song?)

k30a

Old 27-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Nedra

around here - we say 'toe-may-toe' ...you say
'toe-mah-toe' ?
Yep ... Irving Berlin ... chuckle

Old 27-05-2003, 05:08 AM
K30a

Toe-may-toe in Canadian,
my first language.

k30a
Old 27-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

K30a wrote:
Toe-may-toe in Canadian,
my first language.

k30a

An here in the Garden State, we say toe-may-toe also.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-05-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message

and while we're at it . . . is it tomato or tomatoe?
Sue

"K30a" wrote in message
Nedra wrote Maybe PLANT filter would be closer to the mark?
Or is this splitting hairs too closely? LOL

Hmmmmm. Good question.
Well, Bonnie is putting a tomato plant inside
her veggie filter........ *but* is a tomato a vegetable
or is it a fruit....? And if it is a fruit, does Bonnie have a fruit

filter?

I think yer all kinda fruity.

BV.

Old 27-05-2003, 03:20 PM
K30a

BV wrote I think yer all kinda fruity.

Here we go gathering nuts in May!!
(I have two lily buds coming up!)

k30a

Old 27-05-2003, 05:56 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

LOL! (Possibility of 3 buds open today.) ~ jan

Old 30-05-2003, 12:08 AM
mad

out here in west texas we say tuh-may-tuh. LOL
mad
--
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve
as a bad example.