Old 21-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Roy

Default Suggestions for a pump / filter for 1/2 whiskey barrel

Well the wife wants to add a whiskey barrel garden up on the patio. I
have the half barrel and a liner, and intend to get one of the old
fashioned hanp type pumps to convert into a fountain of sorts to
return the filtered water back into the barrel. Does any one have any
good suggestions on a pump perhaps with filter attached thatw ould be
suitable for this setup? She wants to add a couple of plants and also
a few goldfish etc. Not all that familair with all the different
combos and whats really suitable for this project, so any info is
greatly appreciated.

This is gonna be her ballgame, as she wants to have a certain dwarf
water lilly she has her eye on, up at the patio. Me I'll take my
mostly maintenance free natural pond, but I have to keep my better
half happy!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Dave and Miss

Hey Roy...I saw your post and have a similar set-up. When I moved into my
house there was a large dead tree stump in the backyard so I dug it out and
put a wiskey barrel liner in the existing hole. (see photos
http://photos.yahoo.com/jeepin9557 ) Although I can't tell you the exact
pump I've been using , it is a small, inexpensive one with a small foam
filter on it. I only need to clean the filter once a year and it runs 24/7.
Amazes me what a small eco-system it has become. I'm sure your wife will
enjoy it. Dave

Old 22-08-2004, 07:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Roy" wrote in message
Well the wife wants to add a whiskey barrel garden up on the patio. I
have the half barrel and a liner, and intend to get one of the old
fashioned hanp type pumps to convert into a fountain of sorts to
return the filtered water back into the barrel. Does any one have any
good suggestions on a pump perhaps with filter attached thatw ould be
suitable for this setup?

Ponsai's are easy to make. Beckett has lots of bucket filters, or you can
make your own. Or, if you want, you can put a small planter outside and an
little higher than the barrel, and do a small fake flower pot filter. ~ jan

Flower pot filters on page *My filter* bottom:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 22-08-2004, 07:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Roy" wrote in message
Well the wife wants to add a whiskey barrel garden up on the patio. I
have the half barrel and a liner, and intend to get one of the old
fashioned hanp type pumps to convert into a fountain of sorts to
return the filtered water back into the barrel. Does any one have any
good suggestions on a pump perhaps with filter attached thatw ould be
suitable for this setup?

Ponsai's are easy to make. Beckett has lots of bucket filters, or you can
make your own. Or, if you want, you can put a small planter outside and an
little higher than the barrel, and do a small fake flower pot filter. ~ jan

Flower pot filters on page *My filter* bottom:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Suggestions for a pump / filter for 1/2 whiskey barrel Roy Ponds 0 21-08-2004 10:51 PM
Whiskey Barrel Biofilter Bill Stock Ponds 7 23-07-2004 05:04 PM
whiskey barrel pond Sandy Ponds 7 25-06-2003 04:44 AM
Planting in whiskey barrel Guendol Gardening 1 01-06-2003 12:44 PM
planting in a whiskey barrel seepnezorf1 Gardening 3 27-05-2003 12:56 PM