Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Nedra

Default ChlorAm-X Where can I buy this? (was: Yo! math wiz help, please!)

Hi Lee, Sorry for breaking in here ... I didn't know that AmQuel's patent
has expired.
I'm ready to order another gallon... Since ChlorAm-X
is cheaper ... where can I get it??
Thanks ...

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
OK, I'm math impaired, so don't confuse me . . . I think it goes something
like this: you use X grams (or ounces) for each mg/liter of ammonia. My
test kits read ppm, not mg/liter. So, if my incoming water has 1 ppm
ammonia in it (chloramines in the water supply), do I treat the ppm as
mg/liter and add the ChlorAm-X accordingly?

FYG, the patent on AmQuel has expired, so the "recipe" is open . . .
ChlorAm-X is Amquel's formula, but about half the cost. Unfortunately,

their
doseage info needs some work . . . it's a good thing you can't overdose

the
stuff!

Lee

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Somewhere in the back of my foggy ol' brain, I seem to remember that

"ppm"
was the same as "mg/l". Yes? No? I need to convert the doseage for dry
ChlorAm-X into something I understand a little better . . .

Lee

--
Lee B.
See my Zone 9 a/b ponds at:

Yo! math wiz help, please! Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 22-09-2005 03:32 PM
Need help with drip system - calculations (math time) :) Ted Gardening 1 19-07-2005 09:17 PM
Mick and his fuzzy math :) Elpaninaro Orchids 0 24-09-2004 11:57 PM
Garden Math Anonymous Edible Gardening 1 18-04-2004 07:13 PM
Killex (weed killer) math Q drifter Gardening 1 22-05-2003 05:56 PM