Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Nedra

Default ChlorAm-X Where can I buy this? (was: Yo! math wiz help, please!)

Hi Lee, Sorry for breaking in here ... I didn't know that AmQuel's patent
has expired.
I'm ready to order another gallon... Since ChlorAm-X
is cheaper ... where can I get it??
Thanks ...

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
OK, I'm math impaired, so don't confuse me . . . I think it goes something
like this: you use X grams (or ounces) for each mg/liter of ammonia. My
test kits read ppm, not mg/liter. So, if my incoming water has 1 ppm
ammonia in it (chloramines in the water supply), do I treat the ppm as
mg/liter and add the ChlorAm-X accordingly?

FYG, the patent on AmQuel has expired, so the "recipe" is open . . .
ChlorAm-X is Amquel's formula, but about half the cost. Unfortunately,

their
doseage info needs some work . . . it's a good thing you can't overdose

the
stuff!

Lee

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Somewhere in the back of my foggy ol' brain, I seem to remember that

"ppm"
was the same as "mg/l". Yes? No? I need to convert the doseage for dry
ChlorAm-X into something I understand a little better . . .

Lee

--
Lee B.
See my Zone 9 a/b ponds at:

Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Lee Brouillet

AES has it: a 5 lb. box (treats 18,749 gals.) is $22.50. A 2.4 lb. box of
the dry AmQuel will treat 8,250 gals. and is $38.00. So in actuality,
ChlorAm-X is about 1/4 the cost (AmQuel being $.0046 per gallon and
ChlorAm-X being $.0012 per gallon). One of the side benefits of the dry
powder is that you mix it when you need it, so there's no deterioration in
quality (always fresh).

Girl, ya gotta keep UP with this stuff G!! This hobby is expensive: gotta
save the $$$ where you can!

Lee

thlink.net...

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Nedra

LOL! Don't I know it too?!!

I don't know *How* you get the
info - let alone have sense enough to post it???
Now to contact AES .....
Thanks a bunch, sweetie!!

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
AES has it: a 5 lb. box (treats 18,749 gals.) is $22.50. A 2.4 lb. box of
the dry AmQuel will treat 8,250 gals. and is $38.00. So in actuality,
ChlorAm-X is about 1/4 the cost (AmQuel being $.0046 per gallon and
ChlorAm-X being $.0012 per gallon). One of the side benefits of the dry
powder is that you mix it when you need it, so there's no deterioration in
quality (always fresh).

Girl, ya gotta keep UP with this stuff G!! This hobby is expensive:

gotta
save the $$$ where you can!

Lee

thlink.net...

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
*muffin*

grrrr
grumble..

now "WHY" couldn't you guys have told me this LAST WEEK??? after your
comments to my posts telling me about AMQUEL,, I just ordered a gallon of
it.

**grummbleee***

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
[...]

thlink.net...

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Nedra

Muffin, for the first time, I got in just under the wire. Just today
I was shaking the gallon jug of AmQuel to see if it was
time to re-order. Not quite yet.... so believe me, I know
exactly how you feel.

Nedra

"Nedra" wrote in message
[...]

thlink.net...

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

AES has it: a 5 lb. box (treats 18,749 gals.) is $22.50. A 2.4 lb. box of
the dry AmQuel will treat 8,250 gals. and is $38.00. So in actuality,
ChlorAm-X is about 1/4 the cost (AmQuel being $.0046 per gallon and
ChlorAm-X being $.0012 per gallon). One of the side benefits of the dry
powder is that you mix it when you need it, so there's no deterioration in
quality (always fresh).

Clear Pond also sells the dry stuff... it treats 45,000 gal and retails
for about $9.99, I think.

Today I drained and filled a 7K pond with a frick'n 10 x 8 UG, what a
pain... hope all 40 fish are doing well in the am... and the weeks to
come, cause I fried that UG with muni water ;-)

jay
Wed, May 28, 2003

Girl, ya gotta keep UP with this stuff G!! This hobby is expensive: gotta
save the $$$ where you can!

Lee

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi Lee, Sorry for breaking in here ... I didn't know that AmQuel's patent
has expired.
I'm ready to order another gallon... Since ChlorAm-X
is cheaper ... where can I get it??
Thanks ...

Nedra

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old 29-05-2003, 07:32 AM
*muffin*

Hi Jay!!!

I thought I recognized you from R.T.C.

: )

*Muffin* (www.GGC2004.com www.MGC2003.com)

Old 29-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Go Fig

In article ,
"*muffin*" wrote:

Hi Jay!!!

I thought I recognized you from R.T.C.

Yup, but basically in luker mode there... but I did have all the
brochures out sunday morning ;-)

jay
Wed, May 28, 2003

: )

Old 29-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

I checked Clear Pond's site; they have a product called Chloramine Buster .
.. . is that what you're talking about? I'm not familiar with their
product(s), so I'll have to check into it further.

I've always used AmQuel and trust it implicitly . . . it's pulled my bacon
outta the fire more than once. I know that ChlorAm-X is the SAME formula,
complete with buffers. I know that it's been tested to 50 X the suggested
doseage rate (and more) with no problem to the fish. There are a lot of
products that will break the chlorine/ammonia bond immediately (like for a
water change), but AmQuel has a residual effect that continues to work, so
if you have a fish overload or your filter is having a problem, this product
continues to protect the fish from ammonia issues.

If the Clear Pond product has the buffers, it's worth a look into! But the
buffers are worth the extra $$ if/when you have a problem (like a utililty
that thinks they need to add 6 times MORE than they say they do!) Right now,
I have water issues AFTER I do a water change, not before!

Lee

Wed, May 28, 2003

Old 30-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

I checked Clear Pond's site; they have a product called Chloramine Buster .
. . is that what you're talking about? I'm not familiar with their
product(s), so I'll have to check into it further.

Opps... Its the other one I guess... Pond Clear, I'll get the product #
in the am. Does not deal with ammonia, its just that it is small and I
keep them as back-up in the trucks.

jay

Wed, May 28, 2003

Old 31-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Go Fig

In article ,
Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

I checked Clear Pond's site; they have a product called Chloramine Buster .
. . is that what you're talking about? I'm not familiar with their
product(s), so I'll have to check into it further.

Opps... Its the other one I guess... Pond Clear,

Yikes, there are just too many "clear" in ponding. The correct name is
Crystal ClearŽ Dechlorinator - Dry, It's made by 'Crystal Clear", the
Winston Co.

I found this page on google.

http://www.backyard-lifestyle.com/de...?c=1&i=WN11200

jay

Wed, May 28, 2003

Old 02-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Lee Brouillet

Thanks Jay . . . I'll look into it. As explained "up there" somewhere, the
stuff I've been using has buffers in it, which keeps it in the water for
awhile. I've never seen a buffered product this cheap before, so it will be
interesting to see what's in it!

Lee

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article ,

Wed, May 28, 2003

Old 05-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Registered User

Location: florida

To get ChorAm-X, go to www.aquaticeco.com
Or you can call 800 422-3939 and ask for part numbers CAX5, CAX10 or CAX25.
Old 22-09-2005, 03:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:44:36 GMT, duncan s
wrote:

To get ChorAm-X, go to www.aquaticeco.com
Or you can call 800 422-3939 and ask for part numbers CAX5, CAX10 or
CAX25.

Yo! math wiz help, please! Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 22-09-2005 03:32 PM
Need help with drip system - calculations (math time) :) Ted Gardening 1 19-07-2005 09:17 PM
Mick and his fuzzy math :) Elpaninaro Orchids 0 24-09-2004 11:57 PM
Garden Math Anonymous Edible Gardening 1 18-04-2004 07:13 PM
Killex (weed killer) math Q drifter Gardening 1 22-05-2003 05:56 PM