Old 29-05-2003, 10:08 PM
mad

Default filter design 101 question:

o k, all y'all have seen my stock tank pond with the birdbath fountain in
it. if you haven't, its in the last pic of the 2nd URL below. click on it
and enlarge it and you can see the watercress and a mosquito dunk in it.

what i'm asking is, would this be considered a veggie filter of sorts? if
not what would you call it? now be nice! LOL

mad
--
See my zone 8B pond:
http://community.webshots.com/album/14478479WdPMkPBPmt

Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

mad wrote:
o k, all y'all have seen my stock tank pond with the birdbath fountain in
it. if you haven't, its in the last pic of the 2nd URL below. click on it
and enlarge it and you can see the watercress and a mosquito dunk in it.

what i'm asking is, would this be considered a veggie filter of sorts? if
not what would you call it? now be nice! LOL

mad

Hey Mad,
If water is flowing into and out of it and it contains
vegetation - sure, call it a veggie filter ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 05-06-2003, 05:44 PM
mad

thanks for your reply, bonnie. i have always considered it a veggie filter,
but i needed an official pronouncement from the porg. LOL
mad
--
There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting.
**** George Carlin

Old 05-06-2003, 07:44 PM
John Hines

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

mad wrote:
o k, all y'all have seen my stock tank pond with the birdbath fountain in
it. if you haven't, its in the last pic of the 2nd URL below. click on it
and enlarge it and you can see the watercress and a mosquito dunk in it.

what i'm asking is, would this be considered a veggie filter of sorts? if
not what would you call it? now be nice! LOL

mad

Hey Mad,
If water is flowing into and out of it and it contains
vegetation - sure, call it a veggie filter ;-)

My proposed ponder's dictionary entry:

Veggie filter: A biological filter using vegetation as growth medium,
and requiring sunlight to vegetation to grow.

Old 05-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Hines wrote:
Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

mad wrote:

o k, all y'all have seen my stock tank pond with the birdbath fountain in
it. if you haven't, its in the last pic of the 2nd URL below. click on it
and enlarge it and you can see the watercress and a mosquito dunk in it.

what i'm asking is, would this be considered a veggie filter of sorts? if
not what would you call it? now be nice! LOL

mad

Hey Mad,
If water is flowing into and out of it and it contains
vegetation - sure, call it a veggie filter ;-)

My proposed ponder's dictionary entry:

Veggie filter: A biological filter using vegetation as growth medium,
and requiring sunlight to vegetation to grow.

That sounds good to me. I second the motion.