Old 03-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Nedra

Default Topping off pond question

John, I have heard that such filters do not eradicate Chloramines.
Surely someone on this list would have mentioned it if it does
indeed work!

Nedra

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Nedra" wrote:

Okay ... now I have to know how big your pond/aquarium is?
Just can't see how it would work with my 3,000 gallon pond
and my water dept. tossing in 3 ppm of chloramine each day.
I even used AmQuel in my indoor 35 gallon patio pond.

Buy a whole house filter, they are not that expensive $100. You
need to change the cartridge twice a year, no matter what the usage,
to avoid bacteria growth. Put it on the line that feeds the hose to the
pond.

Each cartridge should be good for a labeled large number of gallons.
Be sure to get a carbon cartridge.

Topping off the pond Me Ponds (moderated) 36 10-03-2011 07:28 PM
Topping off pond Newbie Bill Ponds 4 21-12-2004 06:48 AM
Topping off water or auto fill valve? RedForeman ©® Ponds 9 21-09-2004 11:30 AM
Topping off water or auto fill valve? RedForeman ©® Ponds 0 16-09-2004 09:10 PM
Topping off water or auto fill valve? RedForeman ©® Ponds 0 16-09-2004 09:10 PM