Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 PM
bobkiely

Default Goldfish turned white

Hi all:
I've got 6 5-6" goldfish. One of them when he was a little one had some
black areas on him. I don't think it was a disease; I think he was kind of a
pinto goldfish.

Well, maybe it was a disease as now he's gold and white (about 50/50). He
has been getting whiter and whiter for the last 6 months and he has not
acted any different than the rest of them. There is no way I can catch him
and as he's in a 750 gallon pond with lots of hiding places.

I wouldn't be concerned but one of his buddies now has a little (1/4")
circle of white on his nose too. Have I been naive about this, should I be
concerned and if so, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
BK

Old 03-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Tbumpy

I got a red and white shebunkin two years ago that turned white over the course
of the summer and has never changed back. I've heard that their diet can cause
this and that they'll never change back.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Denise

Hi BK

I have a goldfish (eight years now!) and he/she started out all gold
with some black on tail fin and after a few years, the fish started
losing the gold color. I had called the pet center the fish came from
and they assured me that goldfish will often change colors. The fish is
now all white, very large. My two shubunkins and comet (I have had these
fish over five years) have stayed same colors.

Denise

Old 04-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Jon

I have an albino goldfish with pink eyes.... go figure.... and has always
been white.... lol

Jon

Old 04-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Paul in Redland

It's normal, goldfish generally are black as babies and may change color
later in life. Most of mine have ended up gold but there are lots of black
and a few all white ones too. Some are multi colored, or maybe they're still
going through "the change" and haven't reached their final color yet.

Paul

Old 04-06-2003, 07:20 AM
bobkiely

Thank you Denise, Tbumpy, Jon and Paul. Your comments make me feel better. I
appreciate your help.
BK

"Denise" wrote in message
Hi BK

I have a goldfish (eight years now!) and he/she started out all gold
with some black on tail fin and after a few years, the fish started
losing the gold color. I had called the pet center the fish came from
and they assured me that goldfish will often change colors. The fish is
now all white, very large. My two shubunkins and comet (I have had these
fish over five years) have stayed same colors.

Denise

Lily leaves turned white after planting jo Gardening 0 11-05-2004 06:02 PM
Shubunkin Turned White! Judi9000 Ponds 5 08-12-2003 05:04 PM
Added pond straw and water turned yellowish-brown Terry Stabb Ponds 3 01-10-2003 05:32 PM
Leyland cypress turned brown-help! The Popovics Gardening 0 07-04-2003 02:08 AM
Red roses turned black Earlene Roses 2 13-02-2003 09:25 AM