Old 03-12-2003, 04:12 AM
Judi9000

Default Shubunkin Turned White!

Last year I bought 2 really pretty, colorful shubunkins. One of them is now a
pinkish-white. All of my fish have changed some in the 4 years that I've had
ponds, but none as drastic as this. Is this normal?
Old 03-12-2003, 09:32 AM
groovy

"Judi9000" wrote in message
Last year I bought 2 really pretty, colorful shubunkins. One of them is

now a
pinkish-white. All of my fish have changed some in the 4 years that I've

had
ponds, but none as drastic as this. Is this normal?

Maybe he saw a ghost.

Sorry, couldn't resist. You could try some of the colour enhancing food.

Old 03-12-2003, 02:02 PM
[-M_a_t_r_i_x-]

I had three shubs turn from jet black to blood red using the orange
Tetra pond sticks.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Judi9000

very funny!
Old 04-12-2003, 04:02 AM
Judi9000

Goofy Groovy Disney Duck wrote:
Maybe he saw a ghost.

Sorry, couldn't resist. You could try some of the colour enhancing food.

I kind of like him pinkish-white! And no he didn't see a ghost!

Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM
ponder

He is 4 yrs old, that is a little late for a color change, check you water,
with fish that old it can be a sign something is wrong with the water,
otherwise he was just holding out on you. he is mature now and should stay
that color, but if he is solid pink-white he is not a shubunkin. Shubunkins
have to have black dots, or a very dark blue, they can range in size but
they are dots not shapes, if you know what I mean, they can connect making
it look like there is a large patch.
There are 3 types of Shubunkin, American- calico coloring of sky blue,
brilliant red, dense black, and pure silvery white, finnage is very long and
pointed.These are basically a calico covered version of a Comet.
Bristol Shubunkin - calico color of sky blue , brilliant red, dense black
and pure silvery white, long finnage but with very broad, rounded tail fin.
London Shubunkin- again same coloring but very short and fat no long fins.
Sunlight and natural foods are the best for these fish, as they do tend to
lose the color when indoors.

"Judi9000" wrote in message

Judi wrote:
Last year I bought 2 really pretty, colorful shubunkins. One of them is

now a
pinkish-white. All of my fish have changed some in the 4 years that

I've
had
ponds, but none as drastic as this. Is this normal?

Goofy Groovy Disney Duck wrote:
Maybe he saw a ghost.

Sorry, couldn't resist. You could try some of the colour enhancing food.

I kind of like him pinkish-white! And no he didn't see a ghost!

Lily leaves turned white after planting jo Gardening 0 11-05-2004 06:02 PM
Goldfish turned white bobkiely Ponds 5 04-06-2003 07:20 AM
white lump on shubunkin Barbara Harrison Ponds (alternative) 7 26-05-2003 03:44 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM