Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 PM
John Rutz

Default new plants

got my new plants today what a disappointment the water celery will have
to be grown out for a year before it s ready for the pond all they sent
was 50 2 in root peices
the Iris is so small that 25 of em fit in a dishpan with room to spare
at least the Azola shows some promise.
--
its off to the pond plant nursury next week to buy real plants dangit

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 07-06-2003, 07:56 PM
joe

John Rutz wrote:

got my new plants today what a disappointment the water celery will have
to be grown out for a year before it s ready for the pond all they sent
was 50 2 in root peices
the Iris is so small that 25 of em fit in a dishpan with room to spare
at least the Azola shows some promise.
--
its off to the pond plant nursury next week to buy real plants dangit

Can you tell us who you ordered from so the rest of us can avoid the seller?

Thanks
Joe

Old 07-06-2003, 08:08 PM
John Rutz

if you want the name of the seler Email me and I will email it to you
I dont wish to post it

John R

Old 07-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:
got my new plants today what a disappointment the water celery will have
to be grown out for a year before it s ready for the pond all they sent
was 50 2 in root peices
the Iris is so small that 25 of em fit in a dishpan with room to spare
at least the Azola shows some promise.

I think you'll be amazed at how quickly the water celery can
grow. Give them a try. I tossed all the plants from the
big veggie filter and replaced them with new plants from the
old filter this Spring. They are already spreading like
mad (no offense mad).

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 PM
mad

no 'fence taken. what would i do with it if i took it? :-D
mad
--
It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like
someone and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to

Old 07-06-2003, 10:56 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

I think you'll be amazed at how quickly the water celery can grow. Give
them a try. I tossed all the plants from the big veggie filter and
replaced them with new plants from the old filter this Spring. They
are already spreading like mad (no offense mad).

I have some I had last summer that I divided somewhat last summer
they and the mother plant arent realy growing this year
it just may be too cold at nite this has been a weird weather thing
60-90 day temps and 30-40 nite temps